Scuba Grand Turk - my equipment, DIN or Yoke?

redlef

I'm bringing my gear on Carnival next week and using the ship's excursion to dive in Grand Turk.

Does anyone know which operator Carnival uses?

Bringing my own regulator: is DIN or Yoke more common in Grand Turk, Thnx...

Yoke is the most common adaptor in the Caribbean. I haven't been to Grand Turk but I have been to a dozen other islands around there and they ALL use AL80 with Yoke valve. There are some shops who can supply DIN if you request it. If you have DIN regs, bring a yoke adaptor.

Yoke is the most common adaptor in the Caribbean. I haven't been to Grand Turk but I have been to a dozen other islands around there and they ALL use AL80 with Yoke valve. There are some shops who can supply DIN if you request it. If you have DIN regs, bring a yoke adaptor.

Thanks. I figured if they have a lot of European guests, they might have DIN, but I'll throw in an adapter.

Thanks. I figured if they have a lot of European guests, they might have DIN, but I'll throw in an adapter.

Good reasoning but it is easier for a shop to pick one type of valve. If they pick DIN, there is not DIN to Yoke adapter. If they pick Yoke it is easy for users to bring a Yoke to DIN adapter. So they all went with Yoke valves.

Some shops have new tanks with the Thermo Pro valves. These have an insert you can take out and convert the valve to a 200 Bar DIN but I wouldn't depend on it.

Oasis Divers is who CCL uses at this stop. They have Yoke connections to their tanks. We have been with them three times. Walk off the boat meet at the end of the pier. After filling out your paperwork it is a short walk down the beach to the boat. Your first dive will be a wall within site of the ship. Two of the three times we have been there viz was 100' excellant dive lots of fish. The last time was this past February after a storm that had everything pretty stirred up 40' viz. That is followed up by a shallow reef dive. Good operator with standard fare equipment. We always take our own gear that was a little extra work at this spot walking down the beach.

Oasis Divers is who CCL uses at this stop. They have Yoke connections to their tanks. We have been with them three times. Walk off the boat meet at the end of the pier. After filling out your paperwork it is a short walk down the beach to the boat. Your first dive will be a wall within site of the ship. Two of the three times we have been there viz was 100' excellant dive lots of fish. The last time was this past February after a storm that had everything pretty stirred up 40' viz. That is followed up by a shallow reef dive. Good operator with standard fare equipment. We always take our own gear that was a little extra work at this spot walking down the beach.

Thanks for all the details. DSAO

Archived