Large family to please - all ages!

World Gallery

There will be 4 generations of us family traveling together to celebrate a 50th Anniversary and I am in charge of finding the shore excursions (for ages 2 - 68). I really do not know where to begin but was wondering if anyone has any suggestions or has traveled with a large group before.

The only thing we have ruled out is a boat tour to snorkel and I really don't think we want to do the turtle farm.

We are trying to keep the cost down and would rather not travel too far.

Any ideas? I know my in-laws would be interested in the Botanic Park but would kids also enjoy it? Also, how far is the park from a good beach with rentals, food ,etc? May we could combine these two things.

Also, what is the best transportation for a large group?

We are also going to Falmouth and Cozumel.

The Botanic Park is not somewhat on the way to Rum Point, but it would be a bit rushed to combine the two. The Botanic Park is about 35 minutes from the port and Rum Point is a further 10 minutes.

Depending upon the size of your group you might want to contract for your own tour bus for transportation.

I'm not sure if your group would be willing to split up, but whenever I've traveled with a large group, we rarely do everything together since everyone has different interests. Maybe some people can do the beach while others go to the park and you just agree to meet up later.

The best places to start to find things to do our websites like this one, guide books that you can check out from the library and even the cruiseline website to get ideas for excursions and things to do on your own.

Have fun planning!

I suggest the splitting up and let people do what interests them.

Let your parents visit the botanical gardens. Have the kids visit the turtle farm, hell, rum cake factory.

Others might want to sit and visit on the beach.

Others might want to take a tour witht he submarine ride.

Keeping many people happy will cause you nothing but grief- give them options

Archived