ncl shore excursions in the baltic

Tess and Pal

Has anyone taken the ncl shore excursion in St. Petersberg called "St. Petersberg Through The Eyes Of The Russian People". I would be interested in your experience with this excursion. Thank you :)

Tess & Pal -- check out your rollcall http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=29592625#post29592625 Perhaps someone there has already booked and you can join them.

Hi Tess and Paul. Got back from the cruise last Wednesday and will say all the tours were great. However we really enjoyed this one. We visited a supermarket, a market, went on the amazing subway and did a vodka tasting at a first class hotel Also saw a lot of the city from the coach. I know its difficult to prioritise what to do in St Petersburg but this was a great introduction. Possibly the best tour of the cruise but the Imperial Russia and Stockholm gave it a run for its money. Visited Tallin independently and its a small city and enjoyed that too. Have a great cruise

Thanks for your responses. It is hard to know which tours to try. We have a "sightseeing" tour set up as well as the "folklore" show. We thought this might be a little different. Were you able to buy anything at the different markets? We also think the vodka tasting will be fun..when in Russia you must try at least some vodka! The tour said they also serve condiments with the vodka....anything worth mentioning? Thanks again. P.S. We did the Panama Canal partial transit last January. It was great, my husband really enjoyed it. My favorite was the visit to the Embera Indian Village. Great cruise :)

Hi JennyM1! Thanks for responding to my question. It is hard to know which tours to try. We have a "sightseeing" tour set up as well as the "folklore" show. We thought this might be a little different. Were you able to buy anything at the different markets? We also think the vodka tasting will be fun..when in Russia you must try at least some vodka! The tour said they also serve condiments with the vodka....anything worth mentioning? Thanks again.

TWe also think the vodka tasting will be fun..when in Russia you must try at least some vodka! The tour said they also serve condiments with the vodka....anything worth mentioning?

Our light snacks on our vodka tasting canal tour were pickles!! :eek:

Archived