Azura With a 17 month old

Mazza8967

I think I am somewhat of an expert in cruising with a toddler... having now been on 5 with the same 2 1/2 year old! Basically you'll be fine.

If you want to use the night nursery then use it early on the first night so that you get the pick of the cots (they leave the kids in the same cot for the entire cruise and some are less likely to get disturbed than others!)

Get to know the reef rangers - although at 17 months they won't 'care' for your child they will get to know them and let them join in with the games which can take pressure off you at times.

Take your own set of baby cutlery. THis is provided but is limited in stock and sometimes they run out. It's hard to find at breakfast and lunch!

Take plenty of nappies and formula if still used as this is hard to find abroad (especially if you are fussy about makes)

Take a few washing tablets (clothes) as the machines are free but the powder is expensive and I've found with a small child I need to wash at least once a week. If cruising out of Southampton we take our own cot but if flying we don't bother...

Can't think of anything else at present but if you've got any questions let me know.

Yes she can. There is a special area for under 2s if she's less confident around the 2 to 4s but the toys are better in the over 2s and there is more going on. You can go in either as long as your child is accompanied by an adult - although they may make you join in too!!

I think I am somewhat of an expert in cruising with a toddler... having now been on 5 with the same 2 1/2 year old! Basically you'll be fine.

If you want to use the night nursery then use it early on the first night so that you get the pick of the cots (they leave the kids in the same cot for the entire cruise and some are less likely to get disturbed than others!)

Get to know the reef rangers - although at 17 months they won't 'care' for your child they will get to know them and let them join in with the games which can take pressure off you at times.

Take your own set of baby cutlery. THis is provided but is limited in stock and sometimes they run out. It's hard to find at breakfast and lunch!

Take plenty of nappies and formula if still used as this is hard to find abroad (especially if you are fussy about makes)

Take a few washing tablets (clothes) as the machines are free but the powder is expensive and I've found with a small child I need to wash at least once a week. If cruising out of Southampton we take our own cot but if flying we don't bother...

Can't think of anything else at present but if you've got any questions let me know.

Agree with everything said here. I travelled on Azura with my daughter when she was 15 months and this May just after her second birthday. Fantastic ship and fantastic youth crew. Azura/Ventura have really good children's facilities. I used the under 2s room a lot the first time and they often have a Reef Ranger come in a couple of times a day to do an activities with any babies and parents that are there (e.g. painting) but other than that there are lots of toys left out for them to play with. Worth getting the 2-4s programme too as there are some great things they do that you might want to go along to, e.g. the water play session which my daughter loved.

If you don't want to use a cot in the night nursery you can also keep her in the pushchair if easier (my daughter would not be put in a cot). I stick a blanket over the top to keep it dark while I push her back to the cabin. I also ordered a baby bath as our cabin only had a shower but it was big enough to put the baby bath in the bottom and fill with water.

Archived