Great Snorkeling at Snorkeling Park Bernuda

peggy1

I have snorkeled several times at Snorkel Park and have been less than impressed. However last week while there on the Summit I spoke to a staff member there and found the most beautiful snorkeling. You have to go on the other side of the rocks jutting out into the little unimpressive beach area and look for the brown reef that you run into almost immediately and keep going. We went out alot further than we normally do and saw the most incredible schools of fish and okay now you are going to doubt this but here goes. We say a HUGE lobster. From antenae to tail, it was about 5 feet long. I wouldn't believe it if I hadn't seen it. We actually saw it again on our way back in. There are huge parrot fish and the most beautiful light blue angel-like fish that swam around us . The brain coral, sea fans and elkhorn coral were something. We just snorkeled in Looe Key in Florida and we have snorkeled in Bora Bora, actually all over and this was great snorkeling. We had snorkeled at Church Bay the day before and it was the calmest we have seen it and it was okay, but nothing like the Snorkel Park. Just wanted to give people a head's up.

Archived