Freedom of the Sea's review 06/19 from 1st time cruiser,,,

We just returned from a cruise on the Disney Dream. This is one thing I really appreciated about DCL. They have towels in big bins by the pool, and you just get one (or however many you need), and then when you are done you put them in the containers by the pool. Didn't have to "check them out" or show your card. On their private island there were towels there, so you didn't have to take one from the ship. So easy! Why can't RCL do the same???

That sounds much easier. I didn't bother with the towel checkout after the first day because my bathroom towels were so nice, I just used them. No biggie to me.

I'm a Disney fan so I think I would love a Disney Cruise but obviously, they would have a lot of kids and I'm at the point (with a 17 year old daughter) that I want "adult fun" and wouldn't want to be surrounded by that many kids on a cruise anymore. Maybe when I have a grandchild I'd like to take a cruise like that.

Pictures as promised:

I am trying to post them in order.

First day:

Me just onboard leaving Port Canaveral

26390009.jpg

Finally! The drink in hand I wanted while leaving Port Canaveral

26390012.jpg

Since we were so busy that first day, we didn't take many pictures so right here I will post some miscellaneous pics some might be interested in.

A picture of the ship Freedom of the Seas

Vacation2011FreedomoftheSeas186.jpg

The bathrooms were not bad

26360026.jpg

My stateroom. Not a good picture, sorry

26390020.jpg

There are many more pics to come as we started really taking them after day 1!

Day 2 on CocoCay

Me tendering to the island

26450002.jpg

My niece and my daughter (right) tendering to island

26450004.jpg

Going to CocoCay

26450006.jpg

On the island

26450009.jpg

Brother and I went straight into the water

26390014.jpg

From the left, Nephews girlfriend, my nephew Travis, niece Draya and my daughter Breanna at the Wacky Seagull

26450018.jpg

I'm chillaxin' in the hammock on CocoCay, so far so good!

26390015.jpg

Then right at lunch the rain came down and came down hard for about an hour.

26390018.jpg

The rain finally stopped

Vacation2011FreedomoftheSeas167.jpg

Having a beer in one of the little bars

26390019.jpg

What type of cabin did you have and on what deck? Your bathroom looks totally different than ours. We had an inside on deck 9 and my mom and daughter had a balcony on deck 9. Both of our bathrooms had sliding doors for the shower and it was like you were standing in a tube.

His room looks like its a handicap accessable room. The shower is open so that a wheel chair can get through.

My brothers wife called at the last minute trying to get me a room closer to theirs and all they had left was a handicap accessible room. I didn't mind, gave me a bit more room. Was hoping for a junior suite though! ;)

Outstanding review, well done. I am glad that you enjoyed your trip. Now you are addicted I am sure! Welcome to the club.

Great pictures! Keep them coming.

Thank you to you and rthouse! Yes, I am addicted! lol

What type of cabin did you have and on what deck? Your bathroom looks totally different than ours. We had an inside on deck 9 and my mom and daughter had a balcony on deck 9. Both of our bathrooms had sliding doors for the shower and it was like you were standing in a tube.

I just saw those photos and I agree about the bathroom:eek:,, doesn't look anything like the one we had last year on the Freedom:eek::eek:..

I thoroughly enjoyed reading your 1st Time Cruise Experience. I remember all too well some 7 years ago when we took our first cruise. There is NOTHING like it. Our entire family was just in awe at everything.

Our first cruise was on board the Mariner of the Seas. It was an awesome ship and I think Graham Seymour was our CD and we had a Captain by the name of "Johnny". He was an awesome Captain who rode a scooter around the ship. He was very visable and spoke each and everyday on the loud speaker. I really enjoy the Voyager Class of Ships within Royal Caribbean.

I hope you get to take your Alaskan Cruise sometime soon and also the Caribbean cruise going the opposite direction this one did. Each experience is different and we tend to learn a little something more with each consecutive cruise.

Thanks again for the review.

Tigers2425

Lori

I thoroughly enjoyed reading your 1st Time Cruise Experience. I remember all too well some 7 years ago when we took our first cruise. There is NOTHING like it. Our entire family was just in awe at everything.

Our first cruise was on board the Mariner of the Seas. It was an awesome ship and I think Graham Seymour was our CD and we had a Captain by the name of "Johnny". He was an awesome Captain who rode a scooter around the ship. He was very visable and spoke each and everyday on the loud speaker. I really enjoy the Voyager Class of Ships within Royal Caribbean.

I hope you get to take your Alaskan Cruise sometime soon and also the Caribbean cruise going the opposite direction this one did. Each experience is different and we tend to learn a little something more with each consecutive cruise.

Tigers2425

Lori

Thanks Lori!

It was great meeting you and your daughter. I snuck a peek at cruises in February already! ;)

I think the western Caribbean might be calling my name. Only problem is trying to get the days I would need off. Since you're from Ohio, you feel my pain when the deep winter starts (me in northern Indiana) it would be nice to get to the sun and warmth for a week! We'll see.

• 7 months later...

Well you were right Lori! Today I booked a Carnival cruise for the western Caribbean for January 5th 2013! Very excited. No, not RCCL but for 7 days for under $500pp, I just couldn't pass it up!

Thanks for the idea! :)

Tigers2425

Lori

Had to smile when you were talking about slowing down between the islands, on our first cruise back in '96 on RCCL Song of America, we did a bridge tour and the captain showed us the route for the night before, we basically did a loop de loop in the middle of the ocean to use up time. I drew it in on my map for the scrapbook, still laugh when we think of it.....:D

Had to smile when you were talking about slowing down between the islands, on our first cruise back in '96 on RCCL Song of America, we did a bridge tour and the captain showed us the route for the night before, we basically did a loop de loop in the middle of the ocean to use up time. I drew it in on my map for the scrapbook, still laugh when we think of it.....:D

Ha! I don't know if we did a loop de loop but I am sure I probably could have swam faster than the ship between St. Thomas and St. Maarten. ;)

Thanks for the awesome review. You especially made me laugh when you set the clock for 9:30 on disembark day and your phone was ringing and people knocking at the door. Yep, I don't think you get to sleep that late on the day it's time to leave. They definitely want to get us off the ship while we are kicking and screaming! The Freedom is a BEAUTIFUL ship. I see you are going on the Carnival Dream next. Make sure you let us Royal fans how it compares for you to the Freedom. Have a great cruise!

Thanks for the awesome review. You especially made me laugh when you set the clock for 9:30 on disembark day and your phone was ringing and people knocking at the door. Yep, I don't think you get to sleep that late on the day it's time to leave. They definitely want to get us off the ship while we are kicking and screaming! The Freedom is a BEAUTIFUL ship. I see you are going on the Carnival Dream next. Make sure you let us Royal fans how it compares for you to the Freedom. Have a great cruise!

Thank you for the compliment!

Yep! The Freedom got me hooked. When I saw the Carnival cruise, I just couldn't pass it up for the price. Even if it is a year away. It's so nice to know I have that to look forward to and it's all paid for. My heart loves RCCL and I will definitely let everyone know what I think of the Carnival cruise. I am pretty easy to please now that I know how to handle the little things. I figured if I had to go on Carnival, I would try and make it as close to the Freedom class as possible with the Dream. Really looking forward to it!

Archived