Move reservation or not?

maisey

If you move it to a travel agent within 60 days of making the reservation, many travel agents give a substantial amount of OBC. Our travel agent calculates the OBC based upon the cost of the cabin. For instance, on our 14 Day SE Asia cruise, we are getting a $300 OBC from our online travel agent (on top of the discount that we got from Celebrity).:D

Make sure that the TA that you use doesn't charge for any changes that you might make (different cabin or price reduction). We've used our TA for many years without any problems or add-on charges.

We just moved our reservation to our TA and he gave us a $150 OBC for our 7 day cruise. Plus, he always sends us an in room bottle of wine or something else to say "Thanks for doing business with me".

We've used our TA for a few years and have booked all but our first cruise with him. Knowing the attention I get from him, it makes me feel more secure that if I have any type of problem, he's there to help me out. Plus, TA's are a great source of information if you've never been to the region before.

If you find the right TA, I don't think you'll be asking the question as to whether you should transfer your booking or not.

Archived