Excursion Advice for Parents

April-in-NC

My parents are going with friends on a Carnival cruise in August. There is a 20 year age difference between Mom and Dad and my Dad has limited mobility due to a stroke he suffered 5 years ago. He can walk, but stairs are difficult and he is SLOOOOOW.

I've been to Grand Caymen, but we just did a beach day and I'm trying to come up with ideas of what they could do that would allow Dad to stay with the group but not hold everyone up. To complicate matters he is scared of water (he is already dreading the cruise) so small boats are probably out of the question.

I'm thinking a van/bus tour may be the only option but Mom was hoping for something a little more "fun". Any ideas?

The Botanic Park has a golf cart available for use for mobility impaired guests. Perhaps you could make arrangements to do a tour? Renting a car would be the easisest way to get there, and you could combine a visit to the park with beach time/lunch at Rum Point.

The Botanic Park has a golf cart available for use for mobility impaired guests. Perhaps you could make arrangements to do a tour? Renting a car would be the easisest way to get there, and you could combine a visit to the park with beach time/lunch at Rum Point.

Thanks! I'll look into that for them.

Archived