Why am i having such a hard time

Plan was to get a room at the Drury the night before our cruise (as we have done before) and leave our car there during our cruise. Well it seems that they are putting in a new parking garage and parking will not be available during this time.

I started looking at alternatives but not having any luck. Had one hotel tell me they didn't offer the deal Saturday nights. What?? Since the cruise leaves on Sunday, Saturday is the night we will be staying.

Other alternative is to bite the bullet - stay outside the city where it's cheaper and park at the Fulton Street parking.

Any suggestions from those that have booked recently - as it appears that some of the "regulars" are no longer offering or are charging too much to make it worth staying at their location.

Thanks in advance.

Just keep looking and trying. We are staying at the Hampton Inn-Convention Center near the cruise terminal. They offer a Cruise Stay N Park deal. Had a hard time getting a reservation for our weekend, (July 30) as they are booked up for other reasons... Good Luck and either way, it will work out and you will have a great cruise. Don't let this bother you!!

Hey Cheryl. I have not booked a hotel yet but am considering Holiday Inn Superdome....booked through stay123. They show a rate of $119 for the 2 nights pre-cruise I need and it includes up to 7 days parking. Have also considered staying out (found a cheap rate in Metairie) but have never been to NOLA before and prefer to stay closer to avoid driving in unfamiliar areas.

Archived