Carry on to Norwegian Wind- need definitive answer

Piesek

I need a definitive answer about some carry on items

My wife and I are taking a 1st time cruise on Nor Wind in May (Hawaii)

Can we bring on board:

1. a travel iron

2. A small travel hot pot for making water for hot tea

My wife really likes to have a cup of hot tea in the am and before bed. If we can't bring these items, what are the alternatives??

Thanks in advance

When we were on the Wind several years ago, one of the buffet areas had tea (and coffee) available 24 hours a day. It's an option if you don't want to call room service. The cups aren't big - some people bring insulated mugs for their hot drinks.

As for the travel iron, if you don't bring it, you can send clothing out for pressing. Some people swear by hanging clothes in a steamy bathroom to get rid of wrinkles, but it's never worked all that well for me.

Have a wonderful cruise. We enjoyed our time on the Wind. And Hawaii is stunning.

i was on the wind last month and thought i'd heard that they have an area where you can iron your own clothing. you might check on the ncl site. i know that on the first night, the laundry offers a 1/2 price pressing deal. personally, i took along some of that anti-wrinkle spray and it worked on lots of items! just spray, hang up for a little while and you're good to go!

my mother drank tea on the ship and it was never a problem to order in the restaurants. and if you want to have it early or late, they have it available in the pizzaria. or as others have mentioned, order from room service and just ask for a tea pot rather than just a cup. they seemed very accomodating.

hope this helps! have a wonderful trip! hawaii is amazing!

Archived