Need helping picking a 5 nighter

My husband and I are looking into a 5 night cruise. We have narrowed it down to the following:

March 11-Navigator of the Seas-Fort Lauderdale-Cozumel (7am-4pm) Grand Cayman (11am-6pm)

March12-Jewell of the Seas-Tampa-Cozumel(8am-6pm) Costa Maya (7am-4pm)

Grand Cayman is nice if you are looking to do Stingray City or snorkel, but if memory serves me right, you have to tender in. Being there only 7 hours, with tenders, it cuts the island time down. Costa Maya is nice, but don't expect a lot of hustle and bustle, more relaxed and beach, or off to the Mayan ruins. We did nice horseback ride through a town, beaches and countryside from some local set up on the side of the road, had a really nice time.

Airport transfer is a wash, both easy.

Airfare factors?

Navigator is a bigger ship, Jewell is beautiful w/ glass everywhere.

I would choose Jewell (though I love GC!)

March 11-Navigator of the Seas-Fort Lauderdale-Cozumel (7am-4pm) Grand Cayman (11am-6pm)

March12-Jewell of the Seas-Tampa-Cozumel(8am-6pm) Costa Maya (7am-4pm)

for your opinion. We currently are booked on the Freedom for March. I really don't want to switch, but, I have recently become unemployed and just landed a new job, so I am thinking I might not want to take that much time off (although the new employer already oked it) and it would be less money. I could sail on the Freedom at a later date.

Any other opinions?

Unfortunately, I've never been on anything smaller than the Voyager class, so I can't really comment on the differences in the ships.

From an itinerary stand point, the difference between grand cayman or costa maya isn't really a huge one. I agree with the previous poster that tendering does take time (and I find it to be a hassle compared to the ease of just walking off onto a pier), but it also isn't a deal breaker. In grand cayman, there are beautiful beaches and all inclusives to spend the day at, plus shopping. In Costa Maya, there is a large port with a pool and traditional souvenir shopping. But, we have also gone into town at Costa Maya and have had a wonderful time on the beach. Overall, I'd prefer Costa Maya just a hair over Grand Cayman for the convenience factor.

for your opinion. We currently are booked on the Freedom for March. I really don't want to switch, but, I have recently become unemployed and just landed a new job, so I am thinking I might not want to take that much time off (although the new employer already oked it) and it would be less money. I could sail on the Freedom at a later date.

Any other opinions?

The Freedom is a great ship! How many extra days is it off? You might just want to stick with that. A 7-night vacation is a lot better than 5 :D

The Freedom is a great ship! How many extra days is it off? You might just want to stick with that. A 7-night vacation is a lot better than 5 :D

I definately agree with you a 7 night is better than a 5. But, a 5 night is better than no night. We are trying to stay with Freedom. We drive down so it would be probably a total of 6 1/2 days off work. They are being very nice to me. I will not be getting paid, but they definately could have made this a deal breaker.

Mewissy, the other thing I am factoring into this is that we leave on Mondays with the 5 days I believe and then I would only be missing 5 days of work. Would drive down on Saturday to Florida and then return on Saturday, towards home. Still keeping fingers crossed for Freedom.

Archived