Little Havana in Miami - Family friendly?

tm5to1

Family and I are staying overnight in Miami before our cruise next month. We love Cuban food/culture and are excited about trying out an authentic Cuban restaurant for dinner that night. But, since I've never been to Little Havana in Miami, I just want to make sure its a safe neighborhood. Has anyone been there and can offer an opinion? Also, if it IS safe, is there a specific restaurant you'd recommend? Thanks!

Was in Miami just last week and went and had dinner at Versailles, which is an older established Cuban resturant with still great prices. Check them out on line.

A quote from 3 guys from miami: Jorge Castillo: Always popular with the locals, Versailles is a great place to take those out-of-town visitors for a complete immersion in Cuban culture. The restaurant is a lot like the Cuba of old -- loud, boisterous, and full of excitement, just dripping in Cuban patriotism

While all areas have problems the bulk of Little Havana is just fine.

If anything is not family friendly about Miami its the traffic and the terrible drivers :mad:

Archived