tea making machines

Looking forward to my first cruise on RCI in september on the Radiance of the Seas.

Just wondering if there are any self serve machines for making hot tea on the ship? My husband will probably buy the soda card but I don't drink that much soft drink to make it worth my while.I LOVE my cup of tea.

Regards Elaine.

Right outside the Windjammer there is a station with coffee machines that dispense hot water - accessible 24/7. They offer a selection of teas (usually Lipton varieties) but if you are picky bring your own.

Just got off the Rhapsody and surprise, surprise there was a pot in the room that made hot water for hot tea. A few tea bags and, since this was an Alaska cruise, a few hot chocolate bags were also there. You could add to the selection by grabbing more tea bags from the Windjammer! We really enjoyed it.

The kettles are only found in every cabin on ships that spend most of their time in areas like Britain or Australia. Rhapsody has them in every cabin since she spends most of the year in Australia. Unless they were added in her recent drydock, Radiance only offers kettles in Junior Suites and higher.

Right outside the Windjammer there is a station with coffee machines that dispense hot water - accessible 24/7. They offer a selection of teas (usually Lipton varieties) but if you are picky bring your own.

Wrona, when they upgraded the Radiance, last month, they turned that area into a Hot Dog station. The coffee/tea machines have been moved to the Solarium, apparently, at the Park Cafe. :)

Thanks for the info.No worries about the kettle in the room.

I am looking forward to this cruise as I have heard good things about the Radiance.

Regards Elaine.

Hi Elaine, please stop by our roll call for the Radiance 9/27/2011 Hawaii to Australia cruise and say hi as there are so many folks from Australia on our cruise, it will give you a chance to chat prior to boarding. You might even know someone. Would love to add your names to our wonderful roll call list of cruisers.

Archived