Drinks packages - help please...

We are new to all this.

We can pre-order wine packages - does anyone know roughly the prices and options and what's worth doing?

Soft drinks - how does this work?

Any useful tips on how to make the most of the free drinks?

Cheers, Nick

PS - bear in mind we are in the UK and cannot log on and set prefs like you can if you have booked in the US, don't ask me why!

Info in the cruise answer book.

six pack of soda $9.50

" " " beer $16.75

Wine starts at $20.00 to $44.00

Champagne 24.00 to $117.00

Liquor 22.00 to $40.00

Food trays guacamole dip with totilla $10.00

12 shrimp $16.00

cheese and crackers $14.00

Veggy platter with cheese dip $8.00

more info or to order Call 1800-princess

Good luck

James

Nick,

bear in mind we are in the UK and cannot log on and set prefs like you can if you have booked in the US, don't ask me why

You can and I've just checked with Princess in the UK.

Go to the Princess Website Then hit the onboard link Then send a gift Finally on to the Cellars Here you will find a PDF form. Open it up. Print it off, complete it and send it through to Princess in the UK. Ignore the US address at the top, customer services over here said to send it to the UK address. They will process and make sure your gift is delivered to your cabin for when you arrive.

Laura

Hi

We also booked here in the UK through a travel agent.

It took a while til we could access the cruise preference, but it CAN be done.

First register on the following site. The link is at the bottom of their home page.

Go to

www.princess.com

hit tab for Cruise Personalizer

in pop up box type in your name. The booking ref is on your booking confirmation from princess. Do not type in all of it. Ignore any letters in front of the - . Only use the 6 capitol letters following the -

We had a few problems accessing it but phoned princess who guided me through it, now it works fine.

Kay

Hi

We also booked here in the UK through a travel agent.

It took a while til we could access the cruise preference, but it CAN be done.

First register on the following site. The link is at the bottom of their home page.

Go to

www.princess.com

hit tab for Cruise Personalizer

in pop up box type in your name. The booking ref is on your booking confirmation from princess. Do not type in all of it. Ignore any letters in front of the - . Only use the 6 capitol letters following the -

We had a few problems accessing it but phoned princess who guided me through it, now it works fine.

Kay

Bril, will try, thanks.

FYI - On Diamond cost of soda card was 22.50 without the metal coke cup. This allows you to have all the soda pop you can drink. Great for the kids.

We brough lanyards and took the kids cruise cards to the guest services desk for a hole to be punched in them. The kids could wear their cards around their neck and flash their cruise card with coke stickers any time they wanted a drink.

Free drinks will basically be coffee, tea, juice (mornings). You can go to the Horizon Court (I'm not sure if each ship has this) any time day or night and get the coffee/tea. Free booze: at captain parties, usually or if someone sent you something (like a TA). But the free drinks will be very watered down. I know this because at the Captain's Party (for returning passengers), I had two drinks that didn't affect me at all.

I don't think it's any cheaper to pre-order wine than it is to order it onboard...but I could be wrong, so now is the part where someone contradicts me. :D

If you go to the wine tasting on board, you get a discount on any wine you order then. There's usually two tastings, a less expensive one and a more expensive one with more expensive wines.

I don't think it's any cheaper to pre-order wine than it is to order it onboard...but I could be wrong, so now is the part where someone contradicts me. :D

If you go to the wine tasting on board, you get a discount on any wine you order then. There's usually two tastings, a less expensive one and a more expensive one with more expensive wines.

Well worth knowing, cheers.

Archived