La Serena and Coquimbo Chile

t60

We are stopping here on our cruise next year. Having read the reviews etc we were hoping to do look round on our own and do some shopping, but I´ve just seen we´re there on a Sunday.

What are the chances of the La Recuva market or supermarkets or shopping mall being open?

Sandy in Spain (where shops are closed on a Sunday, but originally from UK where they are open....hence my confusion)

Just heard back from the local tourist office, only a very small chance of any shops being open...ugh! Why can´t cruise ships make Sundays a sea day?

Sandy in Spain

Hi Sandy... I'm Sandy, too, and also on the same roll call as you. After reading your post, I contacted our private tour operator about arriving on Sunday in La Serena. Here is what he said:

"Please note that you have nothing to worry, La Serena is a very turistic city and all main attractions remain open on Sundays as well as the Hand Craft market (La Recoba)".

Hi Sandy

This is part of the reply I got from Sernatur, the tourist office in Coquimbo

<Estimated on Sunday the center of serenade relatively is closed, but some shops exist that estan opened >

I I think they must have used Google for the translation. La Serena is Seranade, estan is are.

We´ll just have to give it a try

Sandy in Spain

• 1 month later...
Hi Sandy... I'm Sandy, too, and also on the same roll call as you. After reading your post, I contacted our private tour operator about arriving on Sunday in La Serena. Here is what he said:

"Please note that you have nothing to worry, La Serena is a very turistic city and all main attractions remain open on Sundays as well as the Hand Craft market (La Recoba)".

Who are you using? Thanks.

Archived