Do any men still wear Tuxedos?

Atty

I was wondering if any men still wear their Tux on the "elegant" nights? I'm sailing on the Splendor on July 31 and am wondering whether to bring my tux. Any recent observations would be appreciated.

Thanks.

On my last cruise I only saw a handful of men wearing a tux. The ones in rental tuxes looked exactly like that is what they were wearing. If you are going to wear a tux it should at least fit properly.

I was wondering if any men still wear their Tux on the "elegant" nights? I'm sailing on the Splendor on July 31 and am wondering whether to bring my tux. Any recent observations would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Yes absolutely!

I wear my dinner jacket and my tuxedo when we are cruising. I am not alone, despite what the slovenly on these boards will post. Account space and weight limitations in our baggage, I will only bring my tuxedo on our TA cruise.

Doc

Thanks.

the less, the better for you. they are head turners. so are uniforms.

I bought a full tux just for cruising ! I don't really care what others do.

My husband just did the same thing. He saw what I was planning to wear and decided to match me, elegant for elegance.:D

Those that wear a tux on elegant night do it because they want to, (or S.O. made them), but regardless the idea is that it is an opportunity to go "all out" for a special occasion if you want to. You fit in if you do, and you fit in if you don't. Just follow CCL's rules (no T-shirts etc.) and have fun with it. I like to wear a tux, and fortunately got a nice fitting rental from the ship for our 20th annv. cruise. My opinion is, the more formal the better, but I understand it's everyones vacation, so have fun!

I wear my WDJ (in my avatar photo) on the first night, and my Black tux on the 2nd.

I do the exact same thing....WDJ on first night/Black on second night.

I AM, however, contemplating not bringing them for the first time ever in Sept on the Liberty. Not sure how I feel about it yet, but this time we might just take it more casually than before.

Time will tell :rolleyes:

Jim

I always wear mine. I have had a few stupid comments, but I always reply "I will never see you again so why would I care what you think." I like to look good even if other people do not.

never had a stupid comment. nothing but compliments.

I always wear one on both nights, just wear different ties and shirts

I LUV....seeing guys who stilll do tux...altho...u would not cvatch my bf died in one,.....it is eye candy to me....keep wearing them

.....but I will do it for my honey because she wants to see me in one.

Formal Night Picture - $20

Tuxedo rental - $110

Making the girlfriend happy on the cruise - Priceless

;)

wasiii

Thanks.

I do.

Archived