Shoes for cave tubing?

serious sealeggs

Any of the 3 will work. I wore old tennis shoes and planned to give them away to one of the locals after the trip. I couldn't find anyone to give them to so the tour guide told me to just leave them on the bus and they would take care of them.

Most of the people in our group wore water shoes, including the guide. I think that water sandals (such as Tevas) would work fine too. I have a pair of Tevas but was concerned that the uneven terrain would cause them to rub blisters on the sides of my feet.

I'd go with whatever sounds the most comfortable to you, definitely no heels or flip flops though.

Any of those will be fine. I got some cheap water shoes from Walmart that worked great. Also, leave your good jewelry in the safe on the ship. Our guide told us stories of nice rings and watched that the locals fine that just fall off in the water.

Most of us wore "strappy" sandals like the Teva's. The few that didn't rented water shoes from the cave tubing site. I think it was $3.00. The sandals worked great because you are able to wear them all day from start to finish. The walk through the jungle is not treacherous or strenuous, you may have to watch your step in a few places and sandals were fine to walk in. After the cave tubing was over we walked around the shops in our sandals.

Archived