Stingray/Snorkel trip with Island Marketing or Stingray Sailing?

allofakind

We have it narrowed down to the 3 stop stingray/snorkel trip with Island Marketing (this might be the same as Capt. Bryan) or the 2 stop trip with Stingray Sailing. Our group is 2 adults and 3 kids (16, 12 and 8). We prefer smaller groups which is one thing that appealed to us about Stingray Sailing. I don't know the size of the other group. Any input to help us decide would be appreciated.

Thanks

We have it narrowed down to the 3 stop stingray/snorkel trip with Island Marketing (this might be the same as Capt. Bryan) or the 2 stop trip with Stingray Sailing. Our group is 2 adults and 3 kids (16, 12 and 8). We prefer smaller groups which is one thing that appealed to us about Stingray Sailing. I don't know the size of the other group. Any input to help us decide would be appreciated.

Thanks

Are your choices from the Carnival website? We are going there in December and haven't decided on an excursion yet. :confused:

We did Stingray Sailing recently- 4 adults, 2 tweens and an 8 year old. The catamaran was full with around 25 of us total. There was plenty of room onboard- no one was crammed on top of their neighbor. Chip and Marcus both walked around and talked to each group personally. Plenty of time in the water with the stingrays and at the reef- again with no crowds. I saw some of the other excursion boats and not only weren't they catamarans but they had tons of people on them. I can't comment on your other choice but I would book Stingray Sailing again if we return to Grand Cayman. Enjoy!

We went with Stingray Sailings and have them booked again for Jan. We loved the Catamaran, it wasn't crowded and Chip and Marcus gave us all personal attention. It was a geat time and that is why we have booked with them again.

This excursion is really something special and I'm sure whoever you choose will be great but we love the personal attention of Stingray Sailings.

Kris

Just back from sailing with Stingray sailing with Chip and his cousin Dakota, we had a great time!!! They were both great with our kids 7,10 and we never felt rushed. Chip is from Grand Caymen and gave us a lot of island history, I would def. book again!! (We were lucky, only us (4) and one other family of 4!!! )

We went with Stingray Sailings and have them booked again for Jan. We loved the Catamaran, it wasn't crowded and Chip and Marcus gave us all personal attention. It was a geat time and that is why we have booked with them again.

This excursion is really something special and I'm sure whoever you choose will be great but we love the personal attention of Stingray Sailings.

Kris

We are looking at doing this as well. Some of the others I have looked at do not have the times that jive with our port times (10am to 6pm). May I ask what the departure times you have for this as well as the price per person? Thank you.

• 4 weeks later...

We just did the Carnival Inspiration Grand Cayman Island stop. Before leaving, we researched a bit and found Stingray Sailing and several positive reviews. Looking back, it's easy to see why.

After several emails back and forth regarding scheduling, safety, age appropriateness (our kids are 5&6) with Michelle, she handled all our concerns easily. We booked.

From the cruise, we arrived in plenty of time exactly as Michelle had predicted at the waiting point. Chip, the owner, showed up a few minutes later. After picking up two other parties at local hotels, we proceeded to his boat with the mini-tour bus he has - plenty of room for all.

By this point, we realized 1. Chip is a real character (in a very good way) - almost the pirate that his shirt and company logo show and 2. loves what he does.

As we got underway, he introduced his Dad as well. As we arrived at Stingray City, he explained how to handle the stingrays, a couple safety rules and got in the water to show us. Everyone soon joined him, and had the experience of a lifetime. He continued to help everyone; even showed you how to kiss a stingray - an experience my daughter will never forget.

Along the way, he introduced the competition, compared to our party of 13 on his 40' cat (give or take) to probably 75-100 on one of other boats, at a little over double the size of his...packed like sardines...

Plenty of food for anyone who wanted to feed the stingrays (or gulls should you be so inclined to lift your hand instead of putting it in the water - they won't hesitate to grab it either).

After departing there, we proceeded to a nearby reef to experience it. Again, Chip helped everyone out, and even had size 15 flippers for me, something I didn't expect. After pointing out what to expect, and where, everyone was off to do their thing. Again, anyone needing help was given it.

On the way back, he even stopped to dive down and pull up a red starfish. After everyone had a chance to look at it (while kept alive in a bucket of water), he returned it to it's environment (diving down to do it, not just throwing it back it).

We learned a lot more about Chip, his dad, the history of the area and much more.

Without a doubt, Stingray Sailing's day with the rays was the highlight of our entire holiday and would highly recommend anyone check it out.

D.

I would second everyone's recommendation of Stingray Sailings. You can not go wrong with Chip and crew. Very personable and really takes the time at Stingray City and you will not be disappointed.

This excursion was the highlight of the 7 day cruise for our family.

I cannot recommend Stingray Sailing highly enough....we had an AMAZING day... It was so personal and they clearly love what they do. Booking ahead w/Michelle was a breeze. We looked over at some of the other excursions and people were crammed on boats etc...we had so much personal interaction with everybody and learned so much about the island. I had never snorkeled before and they were really good about giving us pointers. Unfortunately DH does not like doing the same excursion twice so we are looking for something different for our Nov cruise. No matter the age take this excursion if you can...

We are looking at doing this as well. Some of the others I have looked at do not have the times that jive with our port times (10am to 6pm). May I ask what the departure times you have for this as well as the price per person? Thank you.

This is what I am worried about too.

Stingray Sailing's afternoon tour leaves at 12:00pm eastern standard time.

The question is is that 10am cst or est? If it is cst then thats actually 11 est and due to the tendering process I am not sure if you could make it.

This is the same problem I am having. I am not sure if I will have enough time to tender and meet up with Stingray Sailing. So I might be booking Captain Bryan/Island Marketing.

This is what I am worried about too.

Stingray Sailing's afternoon tour leaves at 12:00pm eastern standard time.

The question is is that 10am cst or est? If it is cst then thats actually 11 est and due to the tendering process I am not sure if you could make it.

This is the same problem I am having. I am not sure if I will have enough time to tender and meet up with Stingray Sailing. So I might be booking Captain Bryan/Island Marketing.

We went with Captain Bryan/island Marketing in 2007 and it was a great experience. I have booked again in Feb.2012.

Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone has had difficulty coming back onto the catamaran via their drop down ladder.

We usually book a catamaran that has the staircase that lowers into the water, as being plus sized and with little upper body strength, find it easier to get back on.

Any help would be appreciated.

Archived