Wine and Champagne on QE2

carlmm

I am looking forward to my next QE2 cruise and would like to know the current wine and champagne choice and prices on the QE2.

Does anybody have a wine list?

Or knows where one can be found on the net?

Which brand of champagne is offered by glass?

And by the bottle? Veuve-Cliquot? Dom Perignon? How much?

Any help would be appreciated.

When I was last on QE2 in Oct'04 they were serving Perrier Jouet in the Princess Grill Champagne Bar / lounge & Piper Heidsieck in the Chart Room & Yacht Club. I have a PDF file copy of the winelist if anyone would like me to email them a copy.

Kind Regs,

RJMS74

When I was last on QE2 in Oct'04 they were serving Perrier Jouet in the Princess Grill Champagne Bar / lounge & Piper Heidsieck in the Chart Room & Yacht Club. I have a PDF file copy of the winelist if anyone would like me to email them a copy.

Kind Regs,

RJMS74

yes would you please email me with a copy of the winelist!! many thanxs!! BFORD71@OPTONLINE.NET

There are hundreds of wines. Special note: One of my table mates in the Brittania bought a bottle of wine, and had one glass an evening for 4 nights.

They will let you have one or two glasses, and save the rest for another night.

The mixed drinks are $3.00 to $5.00, except for the drink of the day, which is half price. If I remember correctly (after all that liquior...after all I had to study for you all)...the drinks of the day, although probably not in this order were:

Pina Colada, Cuba libre, Chocolate Martini, Strawberry Daquiri, Champagne Cocktail, Planters Punch.

All made from scratch. Very good. Hic

Beth

Thank you all for the information! Good to know, that prices are still affordable. I just would prefer some other brands over Piper Heidsieck but everybody has his taste.

RJMS74, could you please mail me the winelist? The adress ist carlmmcc@aol.com. Thank you very much.

I Was Told Veuve-cliquot Is $ 42.00 Usd And Dom Is About $105.oo Usd But I Have Not Verified This Info!!! Great Prices In My Area!!! Best Regards Jim

NEW PRICES AS OF YESTERDAYS PRICE LIST $ 45.00USD AND 120.00USD RESPECTIVELY

Realise I sound like a "peasant" but I usually drink Ast Spumante or just a Champagne cocktail. Do they serve Asti in the "pub" or "lounges" .? The champagnes mentioned in the postings are "brut" and I like something slightly more sweet.

To each his own!!!

A question: does Cunard have any policy regarding bringing wine on board for the stateroom (they use the word 'cabin' on the website!!!!).

Is there a corkage fee in the restaurant or is it not possible to take wine in?

Princess has been my cruiseline of choice and they have no problems with either of the above.

Thank you. :)

• 1 year later...
Another wine list bump,with a reference to Veuve Cliquot prices. I think they were much higher. i know the Dom was.

Karie

Hi Karie, I hope you will enjoy many glasses of champagne on upcoming cruises. Here are the updated prices valid on the QE2 as of July 2006:

Prestige:

Roederer, Cristal $325

Dom Pérignon $135

Taittinger, Comtes de Champagne $125

Veuve Clicquot, La Grande Dame $150

Veuve Clicquot, 1998 $75

Non-vintage:

Moet & Chandon $45

Mumm, Cordon Rouge $44

Perrier-Jouet, Grand Brut $40

Piper-Heidsieck $35

Veuve Clicquot $50

By the glass: $8

Hi Karie, I hope you will enjoy many glasses of champagne on upcoming cruises. Here are the updated prices valid on the QE2 as of July 2006:

Prestige:

Roederer, Cristal $325

Dom Pérignon $135

Taittinger, Comtes de Champagne $125

Veuve Clicquot, La Grande Dame $150

Veuve Clicquot, 1998 $75

Non-vintage:

Moet & Chandon $45

Mumm, Cordon Rouge $44

Perrier-Jouet, Grand Brut $40

Piper-Heidsieck $35

Veuve Clicquot $50

By the glass: $8

Thanks, Emu!

Hmm, Some of those prices are reasonable, some less so. Of course, they buy in huge quantities, and I am sure they are able to purchase advantageously! So that is quite a hefty mark-up!

So, do I spend all my money to get another cruise, soon, and then have nothing left for the champagne, or wait, and hope I can afford the champagne next cruise!

Karie,

Who isn't a wine enthusiast, but always fanicies a bit of dry bubbly!

So that is quite a hefty mark-up!

Karie - In this country USD 8.00 is very cheap, you'd be looking at nearly double that! Remember that all Cunard's drink sales will be duty free - they'll be paying very little for their alcohol.

Perrier Jouet NV is the welcome champagne for Queens Grill cabins. It's a lovely wine, and one of the most reasonable of the big name NVs.

It's a real shame they don't stock the Belle Epoque from the same house - one of the cheapest of the best cuvees and certainly huge value.

And no Krug....:mad:

My own view is that the Cristal is so expensive because they can get away with the price because of the reputation. But just because footballers drink it doesn't mean that it is the best......

Perrier Jouet NV is the welcome champagne for Queens Grill cabins. It's a lovely wine, and one of the most reasonable of the big name NVs.

It's a real shame they don't stock the Belle Epoque from the same house - one of the cheapest of the best cuvees and certainly huge value.

And no Krug....:mad:

My own view is that the Cristal is so expensive because they can get away with the price because of the reputation. But just because footballers drink it doesn't mean that it is the best......

Well, at the risk of showing my ignorance, As I said, I'm no wine connoisueur, but I do like Champagne. (or bubbly) Still, I am not an expert on it. What does NV stand for?

I hate to tell you, but I am forever unable to remember (and I actually do have a preference here) which is drier, SEC, BRUT, and so on. Not quite sure what a cuvee or Grand cuvee is, either. (But ask me about tequilas and Mescals!)

I've never had Cristal, and doubt I would pay the price to find out whether or not I can tell the difference between it and the cheap stuff! But I would like to try Dom just once. The cheap Dom is fine- They run about $89.00 a bottle when on sale (which isn't very often) in Massachusetts, about $10.00 more in Connecticut. Lately it is only on sale for Valentines day and New Years, and not always then! Well, I agreed to be on call for New Year's so I suppose I shouldn't get my hopes up to celebrating with Dom this year! (I took someone else's assigned week. He is someone I greatly respect and enjoy working with- and so far this year, has has been on call for every single holiday except labor day. When he mentioned this to the boss, the boss responded, "How did I manage to miss labor day!") So don't anyone try to get me on the New Year's cruise. I can't go, unless I can fix our network from at sea! Besides, I can't afford it anyway. For the price, I could take two another time.

And speaking of looking for my next cruise, just for the hell of it, yesterday, I went to Polar online (Reservation system) to see if there was anything on the April 18 WB crossing of the QE2. Nope. Not even listed in the US. However, if I went on to the consumer page, it was listed. I did find a way to look at it, but of course, no openings. I may call tomorrow just for the hell of it. I was hoping with group space released, it might have opened something up. Oh well! Not sure I could talk Marc into it anyway. I can't ever get him to cruise somewhere where they don't speak the same language! <LOL>

Karie,

Who can speak British almost as well as she can speak American!

Archived