Tour recommendation for senior w limited mobility

dlacruise

I'll be able to answer your question after our Legend cruise. We have a city/countryside tour booked with NCQ Excursions and one of our party is an 80+ elder who is walker dependent.

I'll be sure and let you know how it turns out.

I'll be able to answer your question after our Legend cruise. We have a city/countryside tour booked with NCQ Excursions and one of our party is an 80+ elder who is walker dependent.

I'll be sure and let you know how it turns out.

Thanks grey's girl!

Any recommendations for seniors w limited mobility in Belize City?

We went to Belize on the NCL Spirit in January, 2010. At that time, they offered a tour that was I think called Rafting down the Old Belize River. We booked that and enjoyed it and it would have been great for people with limited mobility.

We took a van ride from the port village several miles out into the country. We had a very knowledgeable guide who told us about Belize, its culture, etc. When we got to the river, we had a very short walk down to where the raft was. The raft was actually a fiberglass boat that had comfortable seats for at least 20 people, maybe 25. We traveled down the river at a very "lazy" pace and observed howler monkeys in the trees, a crocodile sunning itself, various birds, fish and trees, etc. Also, along the route we saw some homes of the native people and some came out and waved to us. When we got to the end of our tour, we docked at a small restaurant where you could get a meal or just snacks. After about 45 minutes, we boarded the van and went back to Belize City.

We are going back on this same trip in December of this year. However, I noticed that NCL doesn't have this specific tour any longer. They have packaged it with other attractions which makes for a longer day.

I don't know what ship you are going on, but if your ship offers just the river rafting tour, I think you would enjoy it. However, be sure to wear a hat and sunglasses. One man in our group didn't have either and I felt so sorry for him.

I don't know about you, but we have found that we like tours best that are no more than 4 hours long. :)

Archived