info from Gonzo please.

I see you have just returned from "Spirit". Are you going to do a review? If not, please could you give me some info about the "Menu" at "Compass Rose" . A sample menu would be great, or just an idea. Also, which was your favourite port of call. Thanks for your help, I realise that you are up to your neck in washing and ironing. :)

I see you have just returned from "Spirit". Are you going to do a review? If not, please could you give me some info about the "Menu" at "Compass Rose" . A sample menu would be great, or just an idea. Also, which was your favourite port of call. Thanks for your help, I realise that you are up to your neck in washing and ironing. :)

Hi

I will do a review at some point this weekend, but will give you a low down on the compass rose.

We ate at Compass Rose every night, the waiters we had were excellent and couldn't do enough for us, they knew all our names after the first evening, they kept our table for us every night. If you wanted extra veg etc they would do it, or if you wanted to change something they would always help. Food was excellent, portion sizes were perfect, no wastage from our lot, clean plates every night. There are 6 courses, and you can have as many or as few as you wish, normally choice of 3 starters, 3 soups, salad, 4 main courses, veggie option, pasta option, dessert, cheese and biscuits and coffee.

They had a good choice of starters (cant remember what I ate or when now tho!) some fish, pate, filled pastries, melon etc etc. soups generally veg based but very good, main courses anything from steak, beef bourginone, chicken, fish and chips, lamb shank, roast beef, turkey. Marlin, Salmon, curry, I had the veggie option 1 night veg strudle which was very nice. Desserts were generally cheescakes, chocolate cake, mousses, etc, fresh fruit which i mainly had. I wish I could remember more but each meal has now blended into one, but all were very tasty and came with potatoes and veg or Rice, but it states on the menu, but you can change what it comes with if you wish. They put the evening menu out after lunch so you can get your taste buds ready. Breakfast time has the same as the lido but all presented nicer and the waiters come round with fruit juices and tea and coffee, but it's still buffet style, cereal, fruit, danish pastries, cheese and cold meats, scrambled, fried and boiled eggs, omlettes, bacon, sausage, beans, black pudding, mushrooms, toast, bread, tomatoes, porridge. We never had lunch in the Compass tho as the Lido had more choice.

My favourite port has to be Dubrovnik, but all were really nice to see and all a bit different, wasn't keen on Venice tho! One tip, do Split, Dubrovnik and Venice early they get really busy!

Hope this helps a bit. when do you go?:D

Thankyou so much for going to so much trouble. It sounds great, I am on a diet at moment (ready for cruise) and food is important to me !!! :p

We go on Sept. 16th. really excited, my husband is sick of hearing me talk about it. I think I will try and do all the ports early, when it is quieter and cooler, Thanks again.;)

Thankyou so much for going to so much trouble. It sounds great, I am on a diet at moment (ready for cruise) and food is important to me !!! :p

We go on Sept. 16th. really excited, my husband is sick of hearing me talk about it. I think I will try and do all the ports early, when it is quieter and cooler, Thanks again.;)

No problem, hope you enjoy a much as we did, be prepared to put on at least half a stone! September may not be as hot or busy though. let me know how you get on? Enjoy:)

Archived