First solo cruise-so looking forward to it

215girl

I took my first cruise 2 yrs ago with my bff, we instantly fell in love with cruising. I was looking for a quick get away cruise and found one for the August to the Bahamas, I couldnt find anyone to go with me so guess who is doing her first solo trip.....ME!! I am so excited but I have some butterflies in my belly. I know I will have a good time but this is the first time I will be taking a vacation alone. I do need it, get away from family, job and facebook lol. I am leaving the laptop at home, turning the phone off when I get on the boat and settling down with a good book in one hand and a nice cold miami vice drink in the other....:D

btw I love this website and reading about others adventures, I am looking forward to more cruises in the future.

Hi! I am in the same boat (no pun intended!!) as you! I am taking my first solo in Dec. I am addicted now and even thought I am going on a cruise with a friend in Sept I have been wanting to do a solo. On my own, away from EVERYTHING. I debated on taking the computer but a good book on deck with do beautifully!!! My butterflies are steming from who am I going to eat dinner with???? LOL Either way I am sooo excited!!

Hi! I am in the same boat (no pun intended!!) as you! I am taking my first solo in Dec. I am addicted now and even thought I am going on a cruise with a friend in Sept I have been wanting to do a solo. On my own, away from EVERYTHING. I debated on taking the computer but a good book on deck with do beautifully!!! My butterflies are steming from who am I going to eat dinner with???? LOL Either way I am sooo excited!!

You will love it..At times u will forget ur alone. Talk,meet,dance,eat with different people every night. Remember,theyre all there for the same thing you are..To have a good time..I been on 8 alone..Once I met a group in the shuttle bus to the ship and hung with them the whole cruise..Now we're 65 strong and called The Ship of Fools Cruise Group..Have fun.

You will love it..At times u will forget ur alone. Talk,meet,dance,eat with different people every night. Remember,theyre all there for the same thing you are..To have a good time..I been on 8 alone..Once I met a group in the shuttle bus to the ship and hung with them the whole cruise..Now we're 65 strong and called The Ship of Fools Cruise Group..Have fun.

I am looking forward to just being by myself. My friends think I am nuts but I need this time to myself. Yes I am leaving the laptop behind and turning the phone off. I just wanna have a good time with a bunch of peoople that are on the boat for the same reason :D

I wish they could bottle the 'first cruise' feeling.

I went on my first cruise 'Solo' at 61. People have told me they envied me by going by myself.

Like others have said, there is such a peaceful feeling being waited on, and not having to even make your bed or brew a pot of coffee.

I can not believe how serene I feel on a cruise.

You will LOVE it and have a fantastic time.

Melanie

I am going on my first solo cruise in December as well and while I am a little nervous I am mainly excited!! My plan is also the good book and a drink by the pool.

It will be my 12th cruise but first by myself. On the other cruises I have always been the groups "cruise director" so I made all the plans, organized everyone and made sure everyone was having a good time. I am REALLY looking forward to only worrying about me for once! Is that as selfish as it sounds?!?

I took my first cruise 2 yrs ago with my bff, we instantly fell in love with cruising. I was looking for a quick get away cruise and found one for the August to the Bahamas, I couldnt find anyone to go with me so guess who is doing her first solo trip.....ME!! I am so excited but I have some butterflies in my belly. I know I will have a good time but this is the first time I will be taking a vacation alone. I do need it, get away from family, job and facebook lol. I am leaving the laptop at home, turning the phone off when I get on the boat and settling down with a good book in one hand and a nice cold miami vice drink in the other....:D

btw I love this website and reading about others adventures, I am looking forward to more cruises in the future.

I am going on my first solo cruise in December as well and while I am a little nervous I am mainly excited!! My plan is also the good book and a drink by the pool.

It will be my 12th cruise but first by myself. On the other cruises I have always been the groups "cruise director" so I made all the plans, organized everyone and made sure everyone was having a good time. I am REALLY looking forward to only worrying about me for once! Is that as selfish as it sounds?!?

Congrats to y'all for booking solo cruises. Went on my 1st one to The Bahamas & Key West in October. Enjoyed myself. It was nice to do what I wanted to do w/o having to worry about others. Had the opportunity to meet many different people from all over the world & even went on excursions w/ some of the people I met on board. Was lucky enough to have other solo travelers as dining companions. Loved solo crusing so much that I am taking my 2nd solo cruise this October.

It is normal to have butterflies before going on a solo cruise. Once you get on the boat & interacting w/ others, they seem to go away.

@ cruiseturbo, it is ok to take care of yourself & no it does not sound selfish. Remember, solo cruising is about you & what you want to do.

Enjoy your cruises. :)

Hello...

You stated the right word "adventure". It will be your first "adventure" as a solo and you will love it! I have been on 3 solo "adventures" but the 1st one was the greatest. I meet so many wonderful new friends by just joining the roll call. Now, when I book a cruise, I join the roll call and meet up with others at sailaway. I found their is a sense of "empowerment" when you cruise solo. It is natural for the butterflies but the anticipation of a good cruise awaiting you will override your anxiety. Enjoy and please post after your cruise so we can all read your joy!

Archived