Surprise trip for Daughter - Conquest 6-26 - Lots of fun - Pictures & Review

texnewbie

Oh I think that is great! Disney seems like a great company to work for and so much fun. I can't wait to sail on a Disney cruise but haven't had the chance to get in on a great deal. At their regular rates we each could take 4 cruises on Carnival compared to one on Disney.

I noticed you had a bunch of pillows on your bed. Did you bring them with you or did they give you extra ones? I ask beacause I want to bring mine with me.:D LOL I'm not sure I will have room in my suitcases.

That's great that Rae finally met some friends. So cute that she danced with the younger ones too! She made their whole cruise I bet.

I have been on two Disney Cruises and fixing to go on another one in December, We are going on the New Disney Dream.. The best time to get on a Disney Cruise fairly Cheep is the First two weeks in December that is when we usually go. We got our room fairly Cheep. And while we are on the Cruise we go ahead and book another one because you can usually get Discounts and Room Credit. But we still have to save up for it.. Hope this helps..

Sure..I don't mind sharing. I don't know that I will get a chance to for a few days. I am online more at work than I am at home..and I have the next 2 days off..So maybe on Wednesday. But I will do it as soon as I have a chance..just know that it will more than likely be later in the week.

sam15328j16@yahoo.com

No hurry!!!!

Thanks Heidi!!!!

During her years studying for a BA HONS degree at University, my daughter participated in the international Disney student programme. She worked one summer (we live in Scotland) for Disney FL. It was an amazing experience for her, and one I am sure, helped her CV . She now is married, living in the Cayman Islands, and working as Operations Manager for a large resort. Disney was totally one of the best work experience programmes ever! So, wish Rae luck in getting a placement..its awesome!!!

We sure hope to get into that program along with many others...

PS!! SHe called me one day, crying her eyes out,,...she met Pooh bear in one of the underground tunnels with his "head" off..... never forgot her on the phone to me bawling over pOOH bEAR :D

What a wonderful experience.... I love it... That would be so cute...

Wow. you live a long way from Cayman Island or Florida.. That would be so hard to be so far away from your daughter.. I just don't think I can do that...

More to come...

Carolyn

I have been on two Disney Cruises and fixing to go on another one in December, We are going on the New Disney Dream.. The best time to get on a Disney Cruise fairly Cheep is the First two weeks in December that is when we usually go. We got our room fairly Cheep. And while we are on the Cruise we go ahead and book another one because you can usually get Discounts and Room Credit. But we still have to save up for it.. Hope this helps..

One day when we get to Florida, I'm going on a Disney Cruise... Castaway Cay is a place I really want to go... Although Disney is coming to Galveston starting in Dec. 2012... But it's the Disney Magic or Wonder we can't remember...

Thanks for the info...

Carolyn

Would love to know what you two did while in port?? Going with my daughter in Oct on the Freedom, can't wait!!!

How old is your daughter... Where are you going???

Can't wait to hear about yours...

Carolyn

Good job!! I can't wait on the COBQUEST 2/19/12 my birthday cruise!:D

PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR MISSING YOUR POST!!!!!

I'M REALLY SORRY....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CRUISE WILL BE SO MUCH FUN...

Thanks for reading!!!!

Please forgive me for missing both of your post... I'm really sorry!!!!

Really enjoying your review!!! You are really getting me excited for my cruise in 19 days!!!!!! Keep it coming!!

How many more days now??????

Where are you going???

Thanks for reading!!!!!

Carolyn

Great review and pics, thanks for posting.

Again, Thanks for reading and I'm really sorry I missed your post....

More to come...

Nassau - I'll start it tomorrow...

Carolyn

I love the Conquest!! I'm loving your review, and I can barely wait for the next installment.

Thank you, Thank you so much for reading my trip report...

The first time I sailed on Conquest, I wasn't so thrilled about it... but this trip with Rae was really great.... I loved all the staff and the first trip our waitstaff was terrible.... This trip they were so much fun... Loved them. The staff on this cruise seemed so into everyone... They were wonderful...

Again, Thanks for reading...

Carolyn

Oh that okay I'm let read more very much thanks you.

Did your first balcony?? It is bigger balcony??

This was my second balcony...

Our first room was 1042 and this room was 1014...

Just about 8 doors from our first room...

Thanks again for reading..

Carolyn

We sure hope to get into that program along with many others...

What a wonderful experience.... I love it... That would be so cute...

Wow. you live a long way from Cayman Island or Florida.. That would be so hard to be so far away from your daughter.. I just don't think I can do that...

More to come...

Carolyn

a

ITS VERY hard!!! BUT, she is married now, living the dream, AND we get to have MANY vacations together. We have cruises, meet up all four of us at Sandals resorts, and of course she comes home, and I go out there. So, we have ended up spending probably MORE quality time together in the last four years than when she was here at Uni. We have lots of mum and daughter trips, funny, I surprised her on her last trip home, she had five minutes in our kitchen, (after 24 hours travelling) suitcase wasnt even out of the car, and I gave her a video, we were off THAT NIGHT to Marrakech, Morrocco! I never imagined when she took a summer job in the Caymans, she would meet "mr right" , get married, and live happily ever after..but it happened, so we deal with it. For her sake, I am happier she is in an idylic safe life, than the rat race of corporate UK.. and we have skype which is our lifeline..but yes..its hard, and we can never go more than a few months without a vacation or home visit either way.

We met her then boyfriend, as our ship docked in Grand Cayman he flew over for the day, had an entourage of our family meet him:)

Then they both came cruising with us, and he proposed on board at formal night in front of us all:D

And now..we ALL cruise together meeting up in either Miami or New York

Sooooooo ; life is not too bad

You give your children wings, but one day, you gotta let them fly :)

May you and your daughter have all of your dreams come true!

NASSAU!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so excited, Land!!!! Not just Land but Nassau!!!!!!

I've been waiting for 158 days to go to Nassau!!!

I can't wait...

Of course I woke up early!!! But I knew we were due in port at 8:00... I didn't want to miss seeing Atlantis as we sailed close to it...

Out on the balcony I went. First sight of Atlantis... And now Nassau...

216-12.jpg

216-10.jpg

Time to wake the Princess, we don't want her to miss anything...

She got up looked outside, came back in put her shades on and looked again and then this is how I found her...

216-0.jpg

She cracks me up!!!!

More sights of Nassau's Port...

216-11.jpg

216-14.jpg

216-17.jpg

More to come!!!

NASSAU!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so excited, Land!!!! Not just Land but Nassau!!!!!!

I've been waiting for 158 days to go to Nassau!!!

I can't wait...

Of course I woke up early!!! But I knew we were due in port at 8:00... I didn't want to miss seeing Atlantis as we sailed close to it...

Out on the balcony I went. First sight of Atlantis... And now Nassau...

216-12.jpg

216-10.jpg

Time to wake the Princess, we don't want her to miss anything...

She got up looked outside, came back in put her shades on and looked again and then this is how I found her...

216-0.jpg

She cracks me up!!!!

More sights of Nassau's Port...

216-11.jpg

216-14.jpg

216-17.jpg

More to come!!!

Great photo I did these on gourd 2/15/2009 on the Conquest my very first time eastern Caribbean it been very beautiful blue water from island and I voyage on the Conquest start KW from FL, FB from Bahamas, and NB from Bahamas is great but I love Key West, FLA it vvveeeeerrrrryyyyy beautiful blue close green water were great. And I have second time from eastern Carribbean on the Triumph same on the Conquest from 2009.

I can't wait more review.

You did good job....

NASSAU!!!!!!!!!

More coming into Port Pictures....

216-24.jpg

The new dock that was built for Allure and Oasis...

216-25.jpg

216-26.jpg

It always fascinates me that we can go through little bitty openings...

216-28.jpg

216-30.jpg

The Lighthouse....

216-29.jpg

More to come!!!

Nassau!!!!!

Finally in, time to dock... Time to turn around.

I love watching this huge ship turn around it's such an awesome experience...

216-34.jpg

216-35.jpg

216-36.jpg

RCCL ship - Monarch of the Sea

216-38.jpg

216-39.jpg

216-40.jpg

More to come!!1

Sure..I don't mind sharing. I don't know that I will get a chance to for a few days. I am online more at work than I am at home..and I have the next 2 days off..So maybe on Wednesday. But I will do it as soon as I have a chance..just know that it will more than likely be later in the week.

May I have it as well? :D

thompsonke@cox.net

Nassau!!!!!

216-42.jpg

Norwigin Jewel, with Atlantis in the back ground...

216-43.jpg

I was getting really excited... I'm so ready to head over to Atlantis..

Now... When I was booking this cruise I knew that whatever we did I really wanted to take Rae to Atlantis. She has seen it on movie's plus she has looked at it on the website and really wants to go there. So booking the Atlantis Excursion was one of the first things I did....

Now I debated spending $169.99 for the Atlantis Aquaventure with a lunch

or

$149.99 for the Atalntis Aquaventure without lunch...

but when I went to price it the one with lunch dropped to $149.99 per person...

So for my All Day Adventure at Atlantis, water park, beach, aquarium and have access to the whole grounds... I paid $299.98... I felt like that was a little to much but that's ok... We're going to Atlantis and we can do whatever we want to all day...

I'm so excited......

We had to be down on the dock by 9:30, and so we were up and ready to go really fast... We decided to just wear our swim suits with cover ups... Such a good choice... Water park here we come...

We decided to us one carry on bag for sun screen, book or whatever else we felt like we needed and Rae took her purse. I carried a little cash because Atlantis is a Credit Card place... No Cash...

Here's us down on the ground...

217.jpg

Cutie Pie....

218.jpg

Everyone waiting to go to Atalntis...

219.jpg

More to come...

Archived