AI in Ocho Rios

l2f

• 3 weeks later...

Just returned from our cruise last week with a stop in Ocho Rios. We booked the AI Sunset Jamaica Grande through Jamaica For A Day website. Took a taxi to and from. Negotiated a R/T fare with taxi driver and promise to return at a certain time to pick us up. He didn't show up, so we had to grab another taxi for the return trip. :mad: The resort itself is nice, smaller beach but nice pool areas. The food was mediocre, at best, and definitely not one of the highlights (things like spaghetti, etc). Jerk chicken was good, though. I felt we got our monies worth because we chose to drink alcohol, but probably would look elsewhere before booking this resort again.

Just returned from our cruise last week with a stop in Ocho Rios. We booked the AI Sunset Jamaica Grande through Jamaica For A Day website. Took a taxi to and from. Negotiated a R/T fare with taxi driver and promise to return at a certain time to pick us up. He didn't show up, so we had to grab another taxi for the return trip. :mad: The resort itself is nice, smaller beach but nice pool areas. The food was mediocre, at best, and definitely not one of the highlights (things like spaghetti, etc). Jerk chicken was good, though. I felt we got our monies worth because we chose to drink alcohol, but probably would look elsewhere before booking this resort again.

Welcome back.. Have u wrote a review any where??? I would love to read a lil something something ;-)

Posted this right after our cruise in March 2011. Had a great day at the Jewel Hotel. Adults only.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1374872&highlight=jewel

Thanks so much for the information! DH & I want to do a day pass AI for our trip in Nov. and I've been searching for info on places for a while. Ironically, when we got married in Jamaica 4 yrs ago, we stayed @ Sandals Grande Ocho Rios, not realizing this was their sister hotel (at the time) & we could have gone here as well on the same reservation. Not being too impressed with the Grande, we stopped here on the way back to the airport (to pick up others) and wished we would have known about the exchange part sooner!! :p

Thanks again!

• 1 month later...

Archived