Blue Lagoon Dolphin Encounter - Nassau - Upgrade???

rnmmom

We are sailing on the Carnival Magic in December out of Galveston. Has anyone ever booked the Carnival excursion - Dolphin Encounter at Blue Lagoon and upgraded to the Swim once there? I was very disappointed to see that Carnival doesn't offer the swim at Blue Lagoon. We know that you can book directly, but not comfortable missing the boat:eek:

Thanks for any help.

Depending on how much time you have there you should be fine....i was worried about that myself. So i emailed back and forth with them and i had plenty of time to get to there ferry terminal over by Atlantis and ride it over, spend some time on the beach before my Dolphin encounter with my son, and then catch the ferry back. They even had the ferry drop off the cruise passengers right next to the ships!!

Perhaps the swim is sold out through Carnival? It seems they usually offer it, I saw it on the excursion list when I was there in May.

We were able to upgrade once several years ago once we were there, but they only had 3 spots available and you had to be quick! I wouldn't count on it, depending on how many ships are in port that day.

The dolphin swim at Blue Lagoon is awesome. Have a great time!

We are sailing on the Carnival Magic in December out of Galveston. Has anyone ever booked the Carnival excursion - Dolphin Encounter at Blue Lagoon and upgraded to the Swim once there? I was very disappointed to see that Carnival doesn't offer the swim at Blue Lagoon. We know that you can book directly, but not comfortable missing the boat:eek:

Thanks for any help.

What are your times in Nassau?

I would NEVER book Blue Lagoon through Carnival.

Too easy and MUCH cheaper to do on your own.

(then again, I would never book a cruiseline excursion ever in Nassau. Definitely the easiest port to get around in and have no problems getting back to port)

The ferries to Blue Lagoon leave every 2 hours starting at 8:30AM from Paradise Island ferry dock. (10:30, 12:30, 2:30)

The returning ferries run every 2 hours starting at 10AM.

The last ferry back is 4PM. (we arrived on the first ferry, did the dolphin encounter and the sea lion encounter and enjoyed the beach until the last ferry)

The crew starts packing everything up at 3PM and the staff rides the last ferry back with you at 4PM.

Hope that helps.

Definitely a wonderful way to spend the day in Nassau.

Bill

• 2 weeks later...
Perhaps the swim is sold out through Carnival? It seems they usually offer it, I saw it on the excursion list when I was there in May.

We were able to upgrade once several years ago once we were there, but they only had 3 spots available and you had to be quick! I wouldn't count on it, depending on how many ships are in port that day.

The dolphin swim at Blue Lagoon is awesome. Have a great time!

I asked this same question on the Bahamas board. We don't dock until 10am so won't make the 10:30am ferry. Per their website, the next ferry is 1:30pm so that waste 1/2 of the day. Also, we have 1 person in our group that wants to do this so she doesn't want to go alone so she's willing to spend the extra money to go with Carnival. I called Carnival and they said that the Swim currently isn't available and Blue Lagoon has yet to answer my emails. When you upgraded, did you book the Encounter through Carnival and upgrade directly with Blue Lagoon? If so, how? With Blue Lagoon or with Carnival themselves?

Archived