Small amount of time in Split

:: I posted this in a current thread, that got no replies... so I am trying it in its own thread ::

We are going to be in Split at the end of August. Our ship is docked from 11am-6pm.

I got a quote from a tour guide for Trogir and Spilt, that included driving to Trogir.

However, I would love to take the boat to Trogir. Heard it is a beautiful ride. Do we have enough time to take the boat to Trogir and have enough time to see Split? Or is a bus/tour guide car the best way?

Is the boat ride worth the extra time (if doable?)? Is a personal guide necessary in Trogir?

:: I

We are going to be in Split at the end of August. Our ship is docked from 11am-6pm.

We are going to be in Split only in November (on a Sunday!) - from 8 to 4..

I would be very happy to hear your impressions and advice when you come back from your cruise.....

thanks in advamce

Miriam

We are going to be in Split only in November (on a Sunday!) - from 8 to 4..

I would be very happy to hear your impressions and advice when you come back from your cruise.....

thanks in advamce

Miriam

Hi,

We were with you on Azamara last year. We'll be in Split on Sept. 23 and 25 th. We're doing b2b Azamara cruises so we hit Split twice. The 25th will be a Sunday so I'll let you know what's happening there. Wish we were cruising together again!

Linda & Denny

Hi,

We were with you on Azamara last year. We'll be in Split on Sept. 23 and 25 th. We're doing b2b Azamara cruises so we hit Split twice. The 25th will be a Sunday so I'll let you know what's happening there. Wish we were cruising together again!

Linda & Denny

A Big Hello to you two!

I'll wait patiently for your report..

B2B - you lucky guys.. Enjoy your cruises!

Trogir is beautiful but compact and a tour guide is not necessary. However it would be helpful to read a guide to the city and about the major highlights before going there. Do not miss St Lawerence Cathedral and its doors.Go to the monastery and its musueum and go into any ancient buildings that are open and pay the entrance fee. I started by climbing up the walls/tower which gave a beautiful view with all the steeples and then wandered around the town. Note that there are 2 gates, one at the back toward the mainland and one at the front to the esplanade.

Archived