What to do, what to do?

stargate fan

Right now, I have two cruises booked, but can only take one. Both are four nights, from Miami, to Key West and Cozumel. This is a"get away from it all" cruise for my mom and me. Obviously, I have to cancel one of these cruises. And before you ask, I did not book ES. In fact, my PVP has it on file to never offer me ES.

The choices are:

Celebrity Millennium, Concierge Class, with a pie-shaped balcony

Carnival Destiny, Ocean Suite

The prices are very close, so that is a non-issue. The extra cabin space in the OS is a big plus while the amenities of the CC sound wonderful.

The thing that is making me lose sleep is the entertainment available on both ships. I have read thread after thread, and searched thread after thread, about both of these ships. Having sailed Carnival many times, I am familiar with the Comedy Club, the piano bar, the big shows, etc. But I cannot find anything about what entertainment is available in the evenings and nights on Millennium.

My mom enjoys hanging out in a pool. There are three on Destiny. I believe there are two pools on Millennium. How are they?

I read a post where someone compared Carnival to Las Vegas and Celebrity to a fine resort. I love the glitz and glamour and hustle and bustle of Las Vegas. Having been to a nice resort once, DH and I were a bit bored after a few days.

Any advice and experiences would be appreciated.

Does either time work better for you? I am a first time cruiser so I can't really give input on the actual cruises. Seems like the Carnival one on 10-27 might have Halloween activities! To me that sounds like a BLAST! :D Not sure if you like Halloween or if you hate it that might help make your decision. Seems like from what you have put in your post you might like Carnival better since you say it has the Vegas atmosphere you like versus the other? Good luck picking one, I am sure you will have FUN no matter which one you pick.

Archived