Dream or Liberty

boisegirl1

Trying to decide between the two for our first cruise--which do you like better and why? We also have a 5-year old daughter that will be travelling with us, so want to make sure the ship has plenty to do to accomodate her as well!

i have been on both...probably the dream would have more for a 5 yr. old. we are going on the liberty again because of price. we liked the ship for adults..they have a cigar bar theat dream does not have...also a sports bar.

I would pick the Liberty. Have been on both and didn't like how big the Dream was. More people but no more pool space. Camp Carnival will be great on either ship but if your little one likes to get in the "big" pools, I'd go for the Liberty! Just my 2 cents!

Beth

I've been on Dream and 2 of Liberty's sister ships. A year ago, I was trying to decide between Liberty and a 2nd time on Dream. I loved the Dream so much the first time, I couldn't pass up sailing on her again, even though I usually like going on ships I haven't been on before. Dream has 2 awesome waterslides! (Note: They aren't just for kids. God bless you, Carnival, for that!) I was enjoying the waterslides and other activities so much on the Dream, that I actually never made it into a pool the entire 7 days. But Liberty does have more pool space. Dream has a nice lanai that goes around the ship on Deck 5. Great for me, not so much for the balconies right above the lanai. Dream has a pasta bar & a lanai BBQ on sea days. Liberty has fish & chips instead of the pasta bar. I like the way they designed Deck 5 on the Dream better, especially with the Oceans Plaza.

Archived