Cruisin' the "Sun"

ruthslaughter

dear s and w in montana (what a beautiful state),

be confused no longer!!! the norwegian spirit is one proud and beautiful ship....she is easy to navigate stem to stern as careful attention was paid to the design....the attrium is spacious and central to many facilities....the staff are beautiful and most gracious attending with dillegence to every need in a most professional manner....the only marginal aspect of the cruise was some

of the entertainment...it was a little over the top in imitating big city theatre....the comedian-jeff harms was hilarious.....the food as you may imagine was exquisite (in the finer restaurants) and very good in the more casual areas....alaska is one-fifth the size of the continental US and only 3 % of the state has ever been touched by human hands....translation: THIS IS NOT THE CRUISE TO BE WITHOUT A VIEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! even if you forgo the balcony at least get a room with a window. there are 5 days of this cruise when you are surrounded on both sides by gorgeous scenery.....we had a balcony and although we rarely opened the door we were afforded an incredible view most of the time!!!!!!many have said that once you take this inside passage cruise you're spoiled for all others!!!the weather was generally temperate as we cruised this same time but be ready to layer as needed.....i would recommend the sea plane ride to the misty fjord at ketchikan (bring lots of film) and the train ride in skagway.....very beautiful/historical......if you go to see the whales in juneau unless your feeling adverturous stay away from the jet boat (it about jarred our teeth out) they have bigger whale watchers that aren't as susceptible to the waves....if you want a fast hard bumpy ride by all means take the jet......summary; banish your fears, get a room with a view, bring some warm clothes, and HAVE A GREAT CRUISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the SPIRIT is quite a ride!!!!! i almost forgot if you can check out creek st in ketchikan particularly if the salmon are jumping....they were so thick in the creek i could have walked across the water on fish alone....by the way I DO NOT work for the company i just had a not very soon to be forgotten time!!!! BON VOYAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ruth & Ed

Archived