Atlantis Beaches or CoCoa Cay-Diving, Snorkeling & Parasailing

MayBTheresHope

Hi There Everyone,

Okay, I have a few questions, so please be patient with me. I'm sailing on Sovereign of the Seas to the Bahamas July 4th-8th and we will stop at Cocoa Cay for about 9 hours one day and have nearly all day and evening in Nassau.

I would like to dive, but have heard that the diving excursion at Cocoa Cay is lacking and that it would be better to dive in Nassau. However, I have already booked a room at the Comfort Suites for the day we will be in Nassau so that my friends and I can spend time at the Atlantis resort.

My first question is this...Is there anyplace to dive off the beaches at the Atlantis resort, or should I just go ahead and dive in Cocoa Cay? If I can't dive at the Atlantis resort, is the diving bad enough at Cocoa Cay that I should just omit it from my trip altogether (even though I really want to do it). There seems to be so much to do at Atlantis that I don't know if I would even have the time to fit it in.

My second question concerns parasailing. Should we do that at Cocoa Cay or is there somewhere better (maybe even cheaper than $79) to do that at the Atlantis resort?

Finally, does Atlantis have snorkling equipment (if so how much does it cost to rent?)

I have been on two other cruises but the friends that I an going with have never gone before and I really want them to have a great time. Any feedback you have would be very appreciated and helpful.

Thanks and Happy Sailing,

MayBTheresHope : )

Archived