What's this thing (in the cabin)?

Aoumd

Another reason to take duct tape with you.

Tape over unusual looking electronic gizmos/gadgets/thingies! :eek:

That'll stop the cameras from seeing you, but it won't stop the bugs (listening devices) from hearing you.:cool: Big Brother is listening, too.

:p:D

The steward knocks on your cabin door before entering, that is how they know you are in your cabin or if you were smart, you would have put that sign on your door letting them know that you were still in your room. I think it may be some kind of sensor connected to all of the electrical in the cabin.

I watched Undercover Boss last night and the President (I think) of Royal Carribbean went undercover. After he opened the door to his cabin, while working undercover, he stuck his magnetic key thingy there. I was wondering what that was too.

What happened when he put his magnetic key thingy on the mysterious gizmo? :confused: I love a good mystery! Can't wait to find out what it is. If there's one in my cabin on the Fascination on our 8/1 cruise I'll ask the RS what it is and post it back here!

Edited by mousey

That'll stop the cameras from seeing you, but it won't stop the bugs (listening devices) from hearing you.:cool: Big Brother is listening, too.

Now I know you are definitely paranoid.:p;) Edited by Kerryman50

It's the camera the cabin steward uses to know when you leave the room.:cool::p

Bingo! Not! Me thinks this question has been answer before, albeit perhaps not on this forum.

If he is in the adjacent cabin, no need to bug. :p

this question was going around last fall there is a thread with a guy who even had a video and was sure it was a camera--- So i asked my rs what it was and its nothing exciting at all --so not exciting that i cant even remember what he told me -- but i want to say it has something to do with the emergancy lights for when the ship goes down -- but i cant remember for sure -- but NO its not a camera or a sensor -- at least that is what he told me -- I did ask about how he always knew when we where out and hw said it just comes with the job you just get to know what the guest do.

It's the camera the cabin steward uses to know when you leave the room.:cool::p

Hey, look: I multiple-quoted myself.

It seems that although some have gotten it, some others on here did not seem to get that I have been joking in my above posts. It takes all the fun out of it to point it out; but I'd rather do that than have a lot of people thinking I'm a bigger idiot than I actually am.

Thank you.

That is all.

this question was going around last fall there is a thread with a guy who even had a video and was sure it was a camera--- So i asked my rs what it was and its nothing exciting at all --so not exciting that i cant even remember what he told me -- but i want to say it has something to do with the emergancy lights for when the ship goes down -- but i cant remember for sure -- but NO its not a camera or a sensor -- at least that is what he told me -- I did ask about how he always knew when we where out and hw said it just comes with the job you just get to know what the guest do.

Thanks for the info! Glad someone asked their room steward as I forgot to!

I should've pointed out that while the key-in-slot feature may be coming to ships soon, this was NOT the system in place on board the Glory as of a week ago...

Is this inside or outside of the bathroom. The house we rent was once owned by and older man. If the light is left on in the basement there is a little red light outside the basement door that stays on. Just to let you know you left a light on?

Okay folks! I'm definitely going to get to the bottom of this when I sail in two weeks, if they have one in my cabin. I'm not the least bit worried about it, I just love a good mystery, I'll be sure to post about it on here when I get back!:D

Hey, look: I multiple-quoted myself.

It seems that although some have gotten it, some others on here did not seem to get that I have been joking in my above posts. It takes all the fun out of it to point it out; but I'd rather do that than have a lot of people thinking I'm a bigger idiot than I actually am.

Thank you.

That is all.

I thought is was funny!!! I love a good sense of humor on these boards!! You da man!!! Thanks, that is all!!! :D

[quote name='sjn911']Shakybeef..that was both sweet and funny..so we really do not know..what it is really..LOL..Sarah[/quote]

[quote name='rockabutzer']I'm a bigger idiot than I actually am. ;)[/quote]

[quote name='truchattycathy']I thought is was funny!!! I love a good sense of humor on these boards!! You da man!!! Thanks, that is all!!! :D[/quote]

Thank you all for your support in this very trying time.

But Truchattycathy, thank you especially for one of the loudest, hardest laughs I've had in a long time - I've never been called "da man" before! I enjoyed it so much, I'm making my husband read this thread now.;)

BTW: I still don't know what that thing on the wall is, but I'd cover it with duct tape and put one of those bug detector/blocker thingys next to it, just to be on the safe side.:cool:

[quote name='mousey']Okay folks! I'm definitely going to get to the bottom of this when I sail in two weeks, if they have one in my cabin. I'm not the least bit worried about it, I just love a good mystery, I'll be sure to post about it on here when I get back!:D[/quote]

I think you should take some duct tape and cover it up!!! :rolleyes:

[quote name='ShakyBeef']It's the camera the cabin steward uses to know when you leave the room.:cool::p[/quote]
I think you are right but, it is a motion sensor to indicate the room stewart that you left your room. Edited by DAN DA MAN