Suggestions for Belize? Ryndam 11/27/2011 sailing

sanabash

Hello,

Can anyone help with some suggestions. We are a couple of 30 somethings cruising for the first time this Nov on the Ryndam. We have booked a cruiseline excursion for the Cozumel day, (Tulum Mayan Ruins) and were wondering if anyone could make suggestions for Belize? It's be great to see/do something that supports local enterprise rather than just lining corporate pockets.

Thanks for any advice:confused:

Have been to Belize over 3 times. This has been on NCL who offer a Shark Ray Alley tour. This is an excellent snorkeling trip where you are taken to Hoi Chan Reserve. After snorkeling, they took us to Ambergris Caye for lunch with some time to walk around. The tour is about 7 hours in length but well worth it.

Ambergris Caye is a very quiet island where people get around on golf carts. It is safe and is a place everyone dreams of retiring to to get away from the rat race.

NCL is not offering it on my upcoming cruise in Oct. Might consider Coral Breezes since they have a good reputation. They offer Shark Ray alley with a stop at Caye Caulker.

also the Altun Ha ruins in Belize NCL offers or did a tour with or without the river ride...we did without and really ENJOYED..they are different then TULUM which by the way is an AWESOME PLACE even with that bumpy fast "ferry" ride!!--so WORTH IT!!!

also Lamani ruins (did that our second time there)-Enjoyable but i liked Altun Ha better maybe if i was into climbing ruins and such Lamani would have been my choice over Altun Ha and then of course Cave Tubin.

• 2 weeks later...

If you like to snorkel, look up the web site for Coral Breeze Tours & have a look see at their snorkeling tour with two stops & then a local lunch on Caye Caulker.

We do this tour with them twice a year & have always had a super time.

We prefer the independent, non ships tours to avoid the huge crowds.

Enjoy Belize.

Bill in FL

Archived