Foo Foo

Speedo

Foo foos came into vouge during prohibition when for the first time, women were welcomed in bars, then called speak easy or blind pigs. The bartender cut the harsh taste of the bathtub gin and white lightning with sweet juices and syrups to appeal to the flappers. The high fashion clubs dressed ladies drinks with umbrellas and fruit

To me, a foo foo is a ladies drink.

My DH prefers me to indulge in the Buckets of Beer....at least he can follow my where-abouts by the ring of water left on the deck where my "bucket" sweat. ;) A Foo - Foo trail would be hard to follow!!!:)

As a Mai Tai drinker from way back in the day...I dare anyone to drink a Mai Tai and then call it a foo foo drink. It may come with a pretty little umbrella but it'll kick your arse then turn around and kick it again :D

Yea...bring on the Mai Tai's...umbrella and all.

As a Mai Tai drinker from way back in the day...I dare anyone to drink a Mai Tai and then call it a foo foo drink. It may come with a pretty little umbrella but it'll kick your arse then turn around and kick it again :D

Yea...bring on the Mai Tai's...umbrella and all.

Don't ever confuse foo foo with effect - you'll get burned every time. That's why I've already had my last Mai Tai in this lifetime.

regardless of it's elephant-stopping power -- still foo foo.

I like my beer.. and rum and coke.. and tequilla straight up, chilled with a lime. But you haven't lived 'til you've sucked down a Miami Vice. Call me a wimp and I'll kick your A$$!! LOL For us, it's a tradition. The VERY first thing we do after boarding a ship is to go to the Lido bar and order a couple Miami Vice's.

a couple of Miami Vice's -- Now we're talkin'!

Sounds waaay better than sitting here paying bills online, while it is cold and rainy outside - and no cruise in the works...

but we do have a week in Jamaica coming up, that'll have to do..

Yeah, my buddies would beat me up for ordering a foo foo drink.

Wine coolers are considered foo foo too.

LOL!!

Yeah...I'd say they are definitely a chic drink :D But they're dangerous :eek: They go down like juice...so you drink 2...3, maybe 10. Next thing you know, you can't stand up. ;)

LOL!!

Yeah...I'd say they are definitely a chic drink :D But they're dangerous :eek: They go down like juice...so you drink 2...3, maybe 10. Next thing you know, you can't stand up. ;)

it's a marathon, not a sprint. And I want to cross the line under my own power.

Ban Dangerous Foo-Foos!

(this is a much more fun debate than swim diapers, formal attire, chair hoggin', cruising with children or smuggling booze)

Archived