Considering Canada/New England on Sept. 10

netizen2

Hello all! Like the title says, we are considering going on the Glory to Canada/New England on September 10..... For anyone who has done this trip, how is the ocean at that time of year heading north? Are there usually really big waves at that time?

I've been to the Mediterranean, Bermuda and caribbean and never had a problem... for some reason, I'm a little nervous about this trip...

We did that trip last year at that time. The water was fine, no problems at all. Just make sure you take a light jacket with you. Our port days were really nice, but the sea days were breezy and cool, but not what I would call 'cold'. Have a great time, Canadians are some of the nicest people we have ever run across while cruising!!

I was on this same trip, same time last Sept, we had it really rough coming back into NY... we couldn't walk down the hallways without our hands in each wall, the pictures were actually swaying throughout the ship, all the outside decks were closed... but it's the luck of the draw. This year I'll be in the Caribbean during hurricane season so who knows... I wouldn't let what happened any previous year change your plans. We had a great time, and it actually made it really memorable :p Only advice, make sure you take sea sick "something" everyday just in case you hit a storm during the night... but that's on any ship, any destination :).

I was on this same trip, same time last Sept, we had it really rough coming back into NY... we couldn't walk down the hallways without our hands in each wall, the pictures were actually swaying throughout the ship, all the outside decks were closed... but it's the luck of the draw. This year I'll be in the Caribbean during hurricane season so who knows... I wouldn't let what happened any previous year change your plans. We had a great time, and it actually made it really memorable :p Only advice, make sure you take sea sick "something" everyday just in case you hit a storm during the night... but that's on any ship, any destination :).

I was on the same sailing last year:D.. and agree the last sea day was rocky as we caught the tail end of the tornado that hit NYC... My review is below

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=72849

Yikes! Hope the weather is decent when we go.... I'm scared of big waves, :eek:lol!! I got an inside cabin on the Lido deck..... This was kind of spur of the moment, so I'm excited! Thanks everyone for your help!

Archived