Snorkeling from the beaches...need advice!

ktbmhb

hello..

We re sailing RCCL July30th. Ours little group is at least 8! I need to know where we could snorkel from the beach, which beach, do they have equipment we can rent, how much it might be and anything else you think I might need to know!

I have read so many threads, but most seem to be about tours. Was hoping I didn't have to spend ovewr $300 as I am paying for my family of 5!

any help would be great!!

Thanks!

you can snorkel from many of the beaches. you can arrive there by bus or taxi. would suggest you bring a mask and snorkel that fit-save time and money. most people don't need fins to enjoy. put snorkeling in the search box. there is also a seperate forum for snorkeling. we went to elbow beach,tobacco bay amd warwick and enjoyed them all. tobacco bay was ther most interesting and the easiest to access.

you can snorkel from many of the beaches. you can arrive there by bus or taxi. would suggest you bring a mask and snorkel that fit-save time and money. most people don't need fins to enjoy. put snorkeling in the search box. there is also a seperate forum for snorkeling. we went to elbow beach,tobacco bay amd warwick and enjoyed them all. tobacco bay was ther most interesting and the easiest to access.

Thank you for getting back to me...we don't have snorkel equipment...do you know if we can rent the equipment there? Save me more money than if I but if for all 5 of us!

it's not cheap to rent and the time you spend getting everyone settled could be better spent in the water. try walmart and target now and you'll have it for all your trips. you can all practice before the cruise and be ready to go. i have seen so many families screaming at each other because the stuff doesn't fit and the water is coming in! it's not pretty! i know tobacco bay does rent equipment.

it's not cheap to rent and the time you spend getting everyone settled could be better spent in the water. try walmart and target now and you'll have it for all your trips. you can all practice before the cruise and be ready to go. i have seen so many families screaming at each other because the stuff doesn't fit and the water is coming in! it's not pretty! i know tobacco bay does rent equipment.

Good Point...guess I'm going to be a Wal-mart shopper Monday...

I need to know where we could snorkel from the beach, which beach, do they have equipment we can rent, how much it might be and anything else you think I might need to know!

Church Bay on the South Shore and Tobacco Bay on the East end of the island are two of the most popular beaches in Bermuda for snorkeling off the beach. We were at Church Bay in May and snorkeling equipment was available for rent.

You may want to try Dicks Sporting Goods. We bought ours there a couple years ago on clearance this time of the year and it cost less than it was to rent the gear.

Great idea...It's just that the kids are 22, 20 and 18 and this is the last time we are paying for them as far as a vacation goes. Next time is on them! LOL

Does anyone know what the cost of renting might be? that would be a great help!

From this video of Tobacco Bay it looks like mask and snorkel is $10 and snorkeling gear is $20. I guess gear includes fins and maybe floatation device. The sign is about 30 seconds into the clip.

Here's the link:

From this video of Tobacco Bay it looks like mask and snorkel is $10 and snorkeling gear is $20. I guess gear includes fins and maybe floatation device. The sign is about 30 seconds into the clip.

Here's the link:

WOW...Thanks so much for helping me out! that just looks so relaxing...I really can't wait. Now all I gotta do is figure out how to get there! More reading!

Here's the link:

No flotation device included so the extra is for fins and we never found fins to be necessary there unless you decide to go out into the open ocean. I'd say you can get away with just the mask and snorkel.

If you plan on doing anymore snorkeling anywhere else at some point, I would buy my own. I didn't like the looks of the bucket of who knows what that they are "sanitized" in.:eek:

We bought our own gear years ago, and are so glad we did. It fits right, no leaking, and we are ready to go as soon as we arrive. We got our gear, one at Dick's, and one at LL Bean with cc points. Also, the prices are not that much different from our local dive shop where I got my fins and vest. Either way, have fun. We are doing it on our own on our upcoming trip to Bermuda.

US divers at west marine or target

...I don't use flippers only because I like to be able to stand...I am used to new england waters so a little more rocky getting in or out....get a good underwater camera...modal makes a good sport camera that is good to.10 feet....

Archived