Can lunch at Rita's be booked onboard?

Apparently there are no slots for making a reservation online. It does not show up as an option for me. Is it possible to book after we board? I am a complete newbie to this whole system. :confused:The only cruises I went on in the past did not have options for specialty dining. We wanted to have lunch at Rita's on boarding day, but it does not show up as a choice. I wondered if some slots were saved for onboard booking and if so where do I go or how do I do that once on board? We sail in 3 weeks.

Additionally: Can dining reservations be made by calling or just online?

Thanks in advance for any info

Yes, there are many cancellations. Check as soon as you board, or call each am when you wake up!

my word of advice is the food really stinks here, and we sent back two entrees, but I hear the party, which is like $20pp and goes on about 8pm twice a cruise is a good time.

If you just want chips, salsa, a drink and the people watching in an outside table, it's a great exp. Actually thought the hotdog place across the deck, closer to the elevators was better! And this place had NO place to sit and was as take out as they come. We ate there twice, left Rita's very unhappy. But again, that is personal preference. take it for the two cent's it's worth. Fish taco's YUCK, food, bad, but remember that is just me.

I called RCI this week with an online reservation booking issue. I was told that only 70% of the reservations are available to book online and the remaining 30% are held back for folks to book on board. They do this so the people who aren't internet savvy (or don't have internet at all) still have the opportunity to get a reservation for the specialty restaurants and shows.

Unfortunately I can't answer about Rita's opening on embarkation day. I sail in 5 weeks, so please come back and let us know the answer. Chips and salsa with a frozen margarita and people watching would be great for the first lunch!

Safe travels and happy cruising!

Three times on the Allure now and no issues with going to Rita's for lunch. Sea days are busier but we have never had an issue getting a table without a reservation. About the only thing one needs to reserve at Rita's is the Fiesta that is held two to three nights during the cruise.

Archived