Sofa Beds in Junior Suites on the Radiance

Hi everyone, hoping someone can help me. We are looking at cruising in a junior suite on the radiance ( either 1548 or 1100) but we have 2 young adults sharing with us. Has anybody slept on the sofa beds before? I am just wanting to know if they are reasonably comfortable or not. If not, im wondering if RC will allow us 2 mattresses to be thrown down on the floor each night instead.

Thanks heaps,

love Donna

I can´t answer about the comfort of the sofa bed, as I never slept on it on RCI.

As for throwing mattresses on the floor, Royal probably won´t care what happens behind your cabin door at night, but where would you get those mattresses from? :confused:

Im hoping from RCI, just not sure if they do that. I know of someone that had this done for them but it was on a P&O ship.

Just wondering if anyone that has travelled on RCI knows of this being an option or not.

Thanks for replying to me :)

My 8 and ten year old shared the junior suite sofa bed on Serenade of the Seas (same class). They whined that it was small and they had to share it. They whined that it wasn't as comfortable as our bed. They had a fantastic time and were so active during the day they slept great anyways. In our vacations since the cruise, they have slept in tents on sleeping bags and mats...next time they won't whine but be glad to have a bed :)

Honestly though, the sofa bed sleeps better than a camping pad for sure. They may be difficult if a person has arthritis or back issues or two large adults sharing one. It seemed to be about the size of a double bed.

Im hoping from RCI, just not sure if they do that. I know of someone that had this done for them but it was on a P&O ship.

Just wondering if anyone that has travelled on RCI knows of this being an option or not.

Thanks for replying to me :)

I can´t answer because I never asked for it, but somehow I can´t picture them throwing two mattresses on the floor to make beds.

My 8 and ten year old shared the junior suite sofa bed on Serenade of the Seas (same class). They whined that it was small and they had to share it. They whined that it wasn't as comfortable as our bed. They had a fantastic time and were so active during the day they slept great anyways. In our vacations since the cruise, they have slept in tents on sleeping bags and mats...next time they won't whine but be glad to have a bed :)

Honestly though, the sofa bed sleeps better than a camping pad for sure. They may be difficult if a person has arthritis or back issues or two large adults sharing one. It seemed to be about the size of a double bed.

LOL thanks for the info :) This young couple has shared a bunk onboard before because they didnt want to sleep in separate bunks within a quad share , so im thinking this will be fine now lol.

Archived