how long will it take to visit Hunte's Gardens and St. Nicholas Abbey?

marys350

Hi,

I'm thinking of arranging a private tour for our small group of cruise ship friends and would like to visit a botanical garden and a plantation house. In researching on-line I've found St. Nicholas Abbey and Sunbury Plantation House that both look interesting. For gardens, I've checked out Hunte's Gardens, Andromeda Botanic Gardens, and Flower World. I'd also like to drive along part of the West Coast.

At this point, I'm leaning toward visiting Hunte's Gardens and St. Nicholas Abbey and driving along part of the West coast. I don't want to do a full day tour and I'm wondering if this can be done in a half-day tour (approximately 4 to 5 hours).

I'd appreciate feedback from any locals or visitors who have done similar tours.

Thanks,

Mary

• 2 weeks later...

Mary....I love love LOVED Hunte's Gardens. It was amazing! I could spend a lot of time just relaxing there. I would pick Hunte's Gardens over the others, but that is just my opinion. They have the best rum punch or lemonade there! LOL! Depending on how long you want to stay, you could totally do what you have planned. I think we spent about an hour and half at St. Nicholas and I felt like that was a good amount of time.

Mary....I love love LOVED Hunte's Gardens. It was amazing! I could spend a lot of time just relaxing there. I would pick Hunte's Gardens over the others, but that is just my opinion. They have the best rum punch or lemonade there! LOL! Depending on how long you want to stay, you could totally do what you have planned. I think we spent about an hour and half at St. Nicholas and I felt like that was a good amount of time.

Canuckgal33,

Thanks so much for responding to my post. I've been hoping that somebody would be able to give me some feedback on Hunte's Gardens and St. Nicholas Abbey. Did you visit as part of a tour or did you make arrangements for a taxi on your own? Also, did you make arrangements before your trip or just hire somebody when you arrived in Barbados. Right now I am checking out different touring companies on line.

Thanks again,

Mary

• 3 months later...

Hi Mary....I just realized you had responded to this thread...sorry about that! We have family there....and we just rent a car ourselves....so I'm sorry that I can't comment about a tour.

I think though you could totally do it with a taxi....everything is fairly close together...and if you had someone who knew where they were going you would be better off. The roads sometimes aren't well marked...we get lost every time we go to Earthworks....but not lost enough so that we don't go! lol. I wonder if any tours go to Earthworks? There is another great pottery place there too called Chalky Mt....very different from Earthworks but beautiful!

Thanks again for your helpful information. This week I finally went ahead and booked a custom private van tour with Glory Tours. We are planning to visit Hunte's Gardens, St. Nicholas Abbey, drive past Bathsheba, and along part of the Gold/Platinum Coast. We may also stop at Earthworks Pottery. I like the idea of a private tour so that we can go at our own pace and can even change our mind about what sites we want to see. Sarah at Glory Tours has been great to work with (e-mails and phone call) and I look forward to our tour.

Thanks,

Mary

• 1 month later...
what was the cost of the tour? When are you going? we are going on Carnival and will be in Barbados on the 15th. Those are all the places I would like to go!! Enjoy

Glory Tours offers a variety of half and full day tours. You can also do private custom tours for either 3-4 hours or 6-7 hours in an SUV or van. The price of the private tours varies depending upon the size of the group and the length of the tour. We booked a 4 hour tour for 5 people.

Google: Glory Tours for detailed information.

You mentioned that you'll be in Barbados on the 15th. Do you mean January 15th or later in 2012?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived