River Tubing and Waterfalls

bntacruising

Will be on the Caribbean Princess in Dominica on December 30th. Would like to do the river tubing and see as many waterfalls and maybe the emerald pool if possible. Don't see tours that offer all of these on the same tour. Will be on the island from 8am to 5pm. Is their enough time for tubing and waterfalls? Thanks for any help with this.

• 2 months later...
Will be on the Caribbean Princess in Dominica on December 30th. Would like to do the river tubing and see as many waterfalls and maybe the emerald pool if possible. Don't see tours that offer all of these on the same tour. Will be on the island from 8am to 5pm. Is their enough time for tubing and waterfalls? Thanks for any help with this.

We did the River Tubing down the Layou River and visited Emerald Falls with Antours in 2009. We had plenty of time to do this. Our excursion began at 10:30 and we arrived back at the ship by 3:00.

For more details and to see photos of our excursion, check out my review in the link below:

(Posts #66-68)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1038334&page=4

or watch it on my Youtube video

I read on these boards that due to flooding, River Tubing on the Layou River will not be available and that Antours has cancelled River Tubing until the end of December. Hopefully things will be up and running again by the time you visit--unless there is another operator that offers River Tubing on a different river??

• 3 weeks later...

Apparently there is a company doing River Tubing in Dominica. I had asked Antours about doing the river tubing and was told because of the land slide they river course was closed. But I have since seen a post that someone did river tubing with Princess Cruise lines. Anybody have any information what companies are doing the river tubing? I have heard that Waky Rollers wasn't doing the river tubing as well, but to contact them at the beginning of December to find out if tubing is available.

Thanks for any information you all can give me.

Archived