Legend Balcony

marcw

This will be my first trip on the Legend. We have 4 adjoining rooms, and would like to open the dividers between the balconies to have one large balcony. Can anyone please tell me if the dividers open up to make this possible? If so will it block views?

You can request at guest services to have your balcony dividers opened. One person from each room needs to go. They can only open so many, don't wait long to get your request in. We've done it on 2 of our past cruises, one of them being the Legend.

Happy cruising!

You can request at guest services to have your balcony dividers opened. One person from each room needs to go. They can only open so many, don't wait long to get your request in. We've done it on 2 of our past cruises, one of them being the Legend.

Happy cruising!

We are hoping to do this too....but someone mentioned that it does block the view of one of the cabins :confused: How was it for you on the Legend?

I also believe that not all balcony cabins have moveable partitions. You might want to check ahead of time to make sure the partitions on your cabins do indeed open. I also know that on our Legend cruise in February, there was something printed in the Fun Times which was aimed at discouraging people from wanting adjoining room dividers opened.

All balcony dividers can be opened on a spirit class ship. BUT only a limited amount can be opened on each sailing.

On this class ship the divider is opened and locked to the railing and it stays in place the rest of the week,

Opening 4 dividers-- one person from each cabin presents themselves at the pursers desk ASAP-- because of the limited amount do it as soon as you board NOT after you wait til you are done eating.

Please note that since the divider will be placed at the railing it will obstructed the view from the door. You also will give up your privacy with the other three cabins.

2499401100073436774XCdktp_th.jpg

Any word on why only a certain amount of dividers can be opened?

I'm not going to say this technically correct, but the dividers require some sort of pin to be placed in the open position (at least that's what I've heard on these boards) and the ships only have x number of pins. Sounds kinda silly to me. Why not just order more pins, LOL!:rolleyes:

There's a thread on here somewhere, I found it before our April cruise on the Legend...It gave the info on which balconies could NOT have the dividers opened, for whatever reason. We were in an extended forward balcony and the divider folded back between the rooms, not into our room door, so no obstructed view. Oh, and they do this on the first sea day, at some point, ours wasn't done by lunch, but it was done before dinner, for what it's worth...

We are hoping to do this too....but someone mentioned that it does block the view of one of the cabins :confused: How was it for you on the Legend?

Yeah, it blocked part of our view. But the trade off is twice the balcony plus the extra view from the adjoining space. Don't know if I'd want 4 of them in a row opened.

Archived