Beach close to peir

chilldowns

I have a group of people (18 yr old boys) with me on the Victory that just want to get off the tender and "WALK" to a beach. Is there a beach near the tender drop-off?" how is it? They don't want to spend the money for a taxi.

i was there this month. you can walk to 7 mile beach from the dock. keep in mind the cruise ships don't dock at the pier. you take a smaller boat in. the beach is very nice, but the island did get hit by a huricane. do NOT go to the carnival beach club. it's a joke........have fun

There is water access right next to the tender pier. I think is called Eden Rock. No beach, just a rock wall with a ladder to access the water but very good snorkelling. Or a few bucks by cab to get to 7-mile beach.

There's not a lot in the way of really good beaches within walking distance of the piers (unless you're a marathon walker) . For an $8.00 roubnd trip taxi ride you can go to 7 Mile Beach and enjoy some NICE beaches.

There are several good beaches to choose from, I personally would reccomend Sea Grape Beach. It's away from the condos and most of the hotels with some nice facilities. Entrance is free, you can rent lockers, chairs, towels and water sports. There is also a bar & grill onsite.

some have mentioned walking to 7 mile island, some say take a cab.

does anyone know how far it is in miles? is there anything to see/look at during the walk? i don't mind walking a mile or two, so does anyone actually know how far it is? it's not a money thing, i think we would enjoy the exercise and sights if any.

I would like to know this also. I would like to walk to the beach and take a cab back, just because I know I will be sitting on my butt on the beach the rest of the day and the excursive would be good for me. Does anyone know the distance?

you can walk from town to the first beach access point (approx. .5 miles) and walk along the beach until you find a place you like....might want to check out Seagrape at 7 mile beach...by far the most comfortable chairs. we stopped at royal palms but the chairs are extremely uncomfortable so we went on to seagrape. The taxi back to the ship was $4.00. restaurant at seagrape was pretty good too...try the cheeseburger wrap! yummm...worth the walk!

7 mile beach begins North of where the tenders land so you could walk there. While the beach is not 7 miles long, it is miles long and different parts have different names. Perhaps looking at a map will help:

http://www.caribbean-on-line.com/cy/wcmap.shtml

I would SWAG Sea Grape to be about 4 miles +/- from Georgetown.

I did post lots-o-pictures, including Sea Grape, Mariott Courtyard (on a busy day) and the small beach near Eden Rock, here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=159999

Taxi fare is $4 pp to/from Sea Grape/Tenders.

Archived