Quest and Journey are there any differences?

gsgbrumuk

Last year we sailed on Quest from Istanbul to Athens around the Black Sea. This year we are booked on Journey from San Juan to Manaus. Just wondering are there any differences between the two ships?

Regards

Geoffrey

Last year we sailed on Quest from Istanbul to Athens around the Black Sea. This year we are booked on Journey from San Juan to Manaus. Just wondering are there any differences between the two ships?

Regards

Geoffrey

Hi Geoffrey !

That I know of, the 2 ships are identical. Enjoy your Cruise !

Been on both, almost a mirror image of each other.

Minor differences are WI FI worked better on the Journey,

Seemed less aft vibrations on the Quest, self service coffee

machines better on the Journey. These are so minor that it could be said the ships are identical.

There is even some staff that works both ships, as we saw some faces and names from the Journey on the Quest.

Many thanks, I thought probably the case they were more or less identical. Possibly better wifi on Journey - I expect the Amazon will be a bit of a test.

We were very happy on Quest so should be the same on Journey.

Thanks

Geoffrey

FWIW: there is a total of eight near-identical ships floating around. They comprise the entire fleet of the former Renaissance Cruise Line. If you google for R-Ships, you'll find some interesting background.

Via iPod touch and Tapatalk.

FWIW: there is a total of eight near-identical ships floating around. They comprise the entire fleet of the former Renaissance Cruise Line. If you google for R-Ships, you'll find some interesting background.

Here's the List of the R-Class Ships :

Former: Current:

------- --------

R1 - Oceania Insignia

R2 - Oceania Regatta

R3 - Pacific Princess

R4 - Ocean Princess

R5 - Oceania Nautica

R6 - Azamara Journey

R7 - Azamara Quest

R8 - P & O Adonia

I was told by Alan on the Quest that the two ships are identical except for a minor difference in the design pattern on the dance floors in both Caberet and Looking Glass. Having been on both ships, I thought that some of the art work on walls in the stairways was different too, but I could be wrong

Here are the differences we have noticed:

1) Looking Glass dance floor, piano placement and loudspeaker placement

2) Artwork throughout ship (including the 'amber' necklace on the main staircase on the Journey and the completely different artwork on the Quest)

3) A piano in the Drawing Room of the Journey (not on the Quest)

4) The handicapped cabins on deck 6 are on the starboard side on the Journey and on the port side on the Quest (check the deck plans)

5) The door to the galley from Aqualina has a porthole on the Journey, and not on the Quest

6) All forward and aft staircase artwork is different

7) Display glass in the Looking Glass Lounge is very different

8) A large chip out of the 'chandelier' over the wine tasting table in Prime C on the Journey (fixture fell during heavy seas)

9) Quest has a display cabinet in Mosaic Cafe coffee bar for all food items, I don't recall Journey having that cabinet

10) On the outside deck area of Windows Cafe at the back of the ship (Deck 9 aft), Journey has one more coffee/tea/water station (port side), Quest does not.

I'm certain there are many other minor differences. However, the SERVICE is of the same MAGNIFICENT standard on both ships. Only a VERY determined observer would notice the difference.

We have enjoyed both the Quest and the Journey in equal measure.

Archived