Airport transfers from ship back to airport

I was wondering about whether or not we can get airport transfers for the day we disembark back to the airport? Since we are coming in a day early and plan to take a cab to the pier we won't need them initially. or would it be cheaper to just take a cab back? are they plentiful at the peir on disembakation day? just trying to think ahead. for all of you that come in a day early how do you get back to the airport? thanks in advance. i truly appreciate it. i am learning so much!

I take it you're asking about the Port of Miami??? I wouldn't mess with the cruise line transfers - They're a pain and you have to sit and wait for the bus to fill up. Just grab a cab, they're plentiful and it's a $21 flat rate between the Port and MIA.

Definitely take a taxi to back to the airport. There will be plenty of them waiting when you dismbark. Just grab your luggage and get in a cab and you will be at the airport in a few minutes. If you use the cruise line transfers you will have to wait until they fill up a bus with people and baggage.

We are leaving out of San Juan. We are flying in two days early and did not purchase transfers from the airport to the ship. HOWEVER, we have an early flight back so we did purchase transfers ship to airport to ensure that the cruiseline would get us off the ship in time.

Well that really doesn't ensure anything... If you have an early flight you request early disembarkation, and then it's always fastest to take a taxi to the airport as the cruise line's busses will sit there and wait and wait and wait for them to fill up and for them to load all the luggage, and then you have to stand there and wait for them to unload it at the airport. I would only suggest taking their transfers if you have more time than you know what to do with!

Just got back from a wonderful cruise to the Eastern Caribbean on the Radiance. Surpassed my expectations. As to the transfers, if purchased on the ship for transfer back to the airport in FL the rates are as follows: $12 per person to MIA and $20 Per person to FLL. Our boys flight left out of FLL so we purchased them transfers as it runs approx. $60 by cab. They were in no hurry and we saved $20.

Patty

Archived