Snorkeling: Barbados or St. Maarten?

weltek

I perused some old responses here, but they are bordering on ancient in underwater years. :-) Antigua seems a bit of a bust in terms of what I've read on CC and other places for snorkeling. I couldn't find much on Barbados snorkeling, and St. Maarten sounds ok. Thoughts on comparing Barbados and St. Maarten?

have not found any snorkeling in sxm worth doing. barbados has folkestone park which is interesting and a very large field to swim over-you can't see it in one day. if the swell is up it will be hard to get in. might want water shoes.. we moved north to heywood and saw enough there to make us happy when the water was rough. was there in nov.

At Barbados, if you are looking to see sea turtles, take the city bus to Paynes bay from Bridgetown. It is a cool experience riding the city bus and seeing all of the sea turtles. I have been to St. Maarten but i never snorkeled there so i dont know much about it.

We spent a week in St. Maartens last year andI have not found a good site to snorkle in St.Maartens. There are a few places that are semi-passable. I did some Scuba diving and that was fairly good for me being a beginner.

Archived