Grandeur of the Sea's Questions (Aug 21st sailing)

Hope you guys can tell me some more info about this ship.

I travelled on Adventure of the Seas last year and booked again with Royal Carribean as I enjoyed it so much. However I beleive this is a much smaller ship - I take it a lot of the facilities offered by the Adventure of the Seas wont be available on this one?

1. Had a look at the ship highlights on the website and no mention of a cinema, nighclub, British pub (with quiz nights!) or ice skating rink.

Just wondering if you guys could give me a low down of what is (and what is not) on there. Especially in comparison with the Adventure of the Seas ship.

Am I setting myself up to be disappointed?

2. I have posted on the Roll Call forum as also had some queries about the ports and if best to pay for the excursions or make my own way there by train (if possible) I know it ports at Palermo, La Spezia, Cannes and

Civtiavecchia (ok with this one!) with 4 of us travelling could work out quite expensive.

I did Rome by train last year which was really costs effective can I do Florance and Pisa for example the same way?

3. My online booking states 'Dinner Seating: Traditional Dining 20:30 , No Waiting Lists' - do I need to do anything else or is that all ok? I just turn up at 20:30 every night? I seem to remember from my last cruise that there was a problem and they had to write the time in marker pen on my seapass card - should the time be on there already?

Yes, this is a smaller ship with fewer passengers. I have not been on her yet (will be in less than 2 weeks) but 2 years ago we were on the sister ship, Splendour of the Seas and loved her. Personally, I enjoy the smaller ships. There will be no cinema or ice skating rink but you will have the rock climbing wall. No British pub but there will be other places that will have trivia contests and such. No Johnny Rockets either and I do not think that there is a specialty restaurant either. Sorry! However, I do believe that you will still have a good time.

Also, I recommend going to the Ports of call forums. I also suggest RomeInLimo.com for some of your excursions. I used them 3 years ago and they were great!

Archived