Kids Crew Info

Yankeepacker

Not sure what you want to know, but I can say my daughter LOVES the "kids club". She went on the Sky at age 4, Dawn age 5 and is heading on the Spirit age 6 in a few weeks. The program is open when at sea for free until 10:30pm. While in port or after 10:30 it is open but for a small fee. When you drop the child off you will write down where you plan to be while she's there (but they know this can change). They keep the kids busy and DD is really excited to be going again. She's also been on a Disney cruise with her grandparents and seems equally happy with both kid's programs. However, it was a little strange on the first cruise when she knew more people (kids and staff) on board than we did! I must add that she is an only child, outgoing and will talk to anyone. If your niece enjoys preschool, camp, or some other organized activity she will probably love it. If she's never been separated from her parents, then I can't really say.

On sea days they usually have free play in the am 9-10 then the organized activities start at 10. There is no charge on sea days. They do not close for lunch and do not feed the kids.

There is one evening where you can sign up ahead of time and they will take them to dinner- no charge

I second what the previous poster said. My son LOVES the kids club. We are going on his 4th NCL cruise in Feb and he has been on Jewel, Dawn and Spirit and can't wait to go back.

The counselors are great, he has a wonderful time on each of the ships- he would much rather be doing fun activities with other kids than hanging around mom and dad!!;)

I'm not sure what time they open, but I think it's around 9. They remain open until 10:30 pm for free and with a fee after that until 1 am. I don't think they close at lunch, can't ever remember that being an issue. However, they will not feed your child.

We're booked on the Jewel in Sept and our 4 year old neice is coming along. Does anyone have any info and/or photos to share regarding their experiences with the Kids Crew program? We would appreciate any comments. Thanks

The other posters have covered it pretty well. Our 9 year old grand daughter loved the Kid's Club on Spirit!

One more bit of information: The staff of the Kid's Club are not included in the daily service charge (NCL's tip pool). Please remember that at the end of your cruise, and if you feel the staff has done a good job, consider a gratuity.

On the Spirit, the Kid's Club staff had some ready made envelopes for gratuities out on the counter on the last the day of the cruise. I believe they split all the gratuities among the entire staff.

I don't have kids but someone told me that they like to get their kids to the social hour that they have on embarkation day because that is sort of when kids are forming their 'cliques' and making their friends. But not having kids I don't know how valuable that information is or not.

Archived