Agh! Booked a day too early!!!

v33

I just book an Inside Passage cruise on the Diamond Princess for this August so my fiancee and I can get married onboard. (Yea! :)). We went on our first cruise on the Grand a few months ago and loved cruising!

Anyway, I get home today, and I see a flyer from Princess on free upgrades for Alaska cruises on the Diamond. So for the oceanview cabin that we booked, we could have gotten a balcony. :( So I have two questions:

1. Can I get Princess to do the upgrade, or am I basically outta luck since I didn't mention the promo code when I booked?

2. We were going to have some guests with us. Can I use this offer to book cabins for them so at least they can enjoy and tell us what the balcony is like?

Thanks,

Jerry

If Princess won't give you an upgrade, can you not cancel the current booking and re-book using the promo code? The cancellation penalty period hasn't begun yet so I'd think this could be a solution.

I love the Diamond Princess - a beautiful ship with great food and great service.

I would try and get Princess to give you the upgrade, however if you got a better price than the brochure you might need to pay more to get the verandah :)

Anything is always worth trying :) Good Luck! And Congratulations on your Wedding!

If Princess won't give you an upgrade, can you not cancel the current booking and re-book using the promo code? The cancellation penalty period hasn't begun yet so I'd think this could be a solution.

Cancellation penalty period? We're new to this cruising thing and haven't heard of that. What is this? :)

Jerry

Most cruise lines allow you to cancel a cruise up to 90 days before departure without any penalty. Less than 90 days, they keep some of your money depending on when you cancel. This 90 day date usually coincides with when you have to pay the full amount for the cruise, assuming you only made a deposit.

Anyway, there would be no penalty in your case if you have to cancel.

Jim

Same thing happened to me back in November with a promotion regarding some excellent cabin credit. I booked 2 days before I received the letter. A call to Princess took care of it...cause they know all you have to do is cancel and re-book using the promo code. Its really NOT worth the paperwork to them to do this. Have your TA handle it (if you have one). If not, call them yourself.

Deb

Please be aware that a one category upgrade does not mean you will go from an outside cabin to a balcony room, it means you may get an outside cabin on a higher floor, so it may not be worth your trouble to rebook.

Just to finish the story, I called Princess who referred me to my TA who then told me that my oceanview was with a discounted price. To qualify for the promo code, I need to pay the 'regular' price which was only about $100 less than a balcony. So it's not the great deal that I thought it was, and my fiancee would much rather spend the extra money on excursions. So no changes for us...

Thanks everyone for your helpful comments. We're just getting started with this and it's incredible to see folks with over 2000 posts. :) Quite remarkable!

Jerry

Just to finish the story, I called Princess who referred me to my TA who then told me that my oceanview was with a discounted price. To qualify for the promo code, I need to pay the 'regular' price which was only about $100 less than a balcony. So it's not the great deal that I thought it was, and my fiancee would much rather spend the extra money on excursions. So no changes for us...

Thanks everyone for your helpful comments. We're just getting started with this and it's incredible to see folks with over 2000 posts. :) Quite remarkable!

Jerry

Welcome to the boards! Thanks for letting us know what the end story was :)

Archived