Airboat Excursion in Belize

BR47

Has anyone every done the airboat excursion in Belize?

We did the air boat excursion a couple of years ago and enjoyed it. However, we did not see any manatees, which I had hoped that we would -- we just saw their feeding grounds. We went in January and it was a little bit cool when the boat was traveling, so if you're prone to getting chilly, you may want to take a light jacket. (All of the guides had jackets on.) You travel around through the mangroves and stop often to see birds and other wildlife and the guide was very interesting. It's probably a 30-40 minute bus ride out to the air boats, so we saw some of the countryside and the guide on the bus explained what we were seeing as we traveled along.

• 2 weeks later...

I went a couple of years ago also, didn't see the manatees either. They provide you with ear muffs to protect your hearing since the boat is so loud. They also passed around laminated pictures to identify the wildlife

you might see. They did some fun turns on the boat, it was nice being in the open air and I enjoyed the trip.

Archived