Carribean Princess cabin BF???

tigercat

We are booked on the Carribean Princess in Jan and have a cat BF . Don't know what # yet. This is on the forward Baja deck and there are only 4 of them. Has anyone had this cat cabin and what were they like? What are the balconys like? We have never been forward always been in cabins in the aft of the ship. Any info would be appreciated.

tigercat

Since you don't know the cabin # yet, you must have a BF guarantee. You have a pretty good chance of getting something higher than a BF. So, just keep checking your Cruise Personalizer and at some point you will see your cabin #.

All the BWhatever cabins are exactly the same. The balconies are larger on the Caribe deck. You will probably feel more motion in the front of the ship. We like that, so it wouldn't bother us. After you get your assigned cabin, if you don't think you like the location, your TA (if that's how you booked) may be able to get you switched to another location within the same category. We were assigned a BA on Lido and called our TA to see if we could be reassigned to Caribe deck. Princess was able to do that for us, so we are quite happy. That outcome is not always possible, however.

Have a great cruise!

Just from my experience:

We booked Caribbean Princess inside obstructed and got an upgrade to the Lido Deck (balcony) the day before the cruise. Next we booked the Golden Princess to Hawaii (had to cancel due to illness) and we were upgraded to the Caribe Deck (with the larger balconies). Now we are again booked on Golden Princess for February 2012, just the other day we got another upgrade again to the Caribe Deck. We feel fortunate and thank Princess.

I believe they have 4 BF Catagory cabins so they can book you into a Guaranteed Balcony Stateroom. I think they have every intention of giving such a booking an upgrade but will not assign it to you until they see how the bookings are going for that sailing. Then they place you in an upgraded room where rooms are more available. I also like to think they only have the Guarantee Rooms for booking purposes and thus allow them to move you around as they need, while at the same time giving you the great feeling of receiving an upgrade.

At worst, you will get one of the BF cabins and the only difference between them and the others is the location. Again, Personally, I would be willing to take any balcony just to be on the ship.

Have a great cruise.

BTW: If this is your first cruise on CB you are welcome to go to my blog where I have an interactive deckplan of CB with panoramas of each of the public rooms to give you a feel for the ship. It takes time to load up so be patient. We loved this ship and our cruise on her. The link CB interactive Deck Plan

Thanks for the link. I really enjoyed it and it did answer one of the questions I had. I was worried that we were on the deck that had balconys there were really opened but it doesn't look like that. Because there are only 4 cabins I am hoping we do get moved. We really like the aft as it is closer to the dining rooms and the Lido. I have problems walking so am not looking forward to the long walk although I guess I end up walking anyway. Trying to get walking now to get ready for it. I can't wait. It has been many years since I have been on a Princess ship (Regal Princess 2001) to Alaska and it was cold and I was looking after my parents. We have mainly sailed on Carnival so am looking forward to this one.

tigercat

Archived