Rome - Pre purchased Colosseum tickets where to collect

heatherbelle

I have already purchased my tickets (voucher) on-line and it says I have to collect the actual tickets from the ticket office, would I be better going to Palatine Hill ticket office or do I have to get them from the main ticket office inside the colossuem? I do have a tour booked.

Thanks in advance.

I did that in April and had to go to the Colosseum to pick them up. They had previously been printed so I don't think you could pick them up anywhere else.

But don't wait in the long line. Walk up to where the line starts to head into the building. They had 3 lines with attendants guiding you to the right line. When we were there, the middle line was almost non-existent because it was for picking up pre-purchased tickets. You then have to work your way through the inside crowd to get up to one of a few windows that have access to the reserved tickets. Those windows were on the far end.

If you are there for a timed tour, be sure to allow plenty of time to collect your tickets. I don't know when you're going, but it is probably packed in the summer.

If you are going on the special underground tour, it meets near the elevators which are past all the ticket windows. If you're not there at the correct time, it will start without you. Since they go through padlocked areas, you can't just catch up to that tour.

If you are doing the underground tour you should be there prior to 12 noon if your tour starts at 12:30pm. We had the early tour and got there an hour in advance. Go to the entrance in the middle line like the other poster said. There was another couple ahead of us in the line and it still took about 15 min. getting through and printing our tickets. The online voucher you printed is just that, a voucher, and you need to exchange for the actual tickets plus you will get a colored sticker everyone needs to wear.

I remember we were there on Sat. morning so it was crowded. Our info with the voucher said to get there an hour in advance if on a weekend.

And make sure you walk all the way down to the elevator for the meeting place. There is actually a little sign. It is literally the furthest you can walk on that floor without running into the elevator.

We enjoyed our tour but the little microphone things to wear around our neck did not work that well. We found it easier to just get closer to the guide to hear. And the views from the top are amazing!

Archived